First rebuild in 35 years you guys are a bad influence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifixjets

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well I have owned a 06 husqvarna 350 since new started with a MM. Then watched a few videos Matto and hill top saw shop. The husky has always ran good most times I would leave my stihl 029 super at home. Also bought new. Went to a pawn shop around the corner there was a jonesred 2150 it followed me home for $70. Tore the top off there was one muffler bolt missing I think when it came loose it sucked a piece of carbon and scored the piston cylinder looks great. So what to do, looked around got parts from 4 different vendors I decided i wanted Meteor pistons which let me to SawSalvage Co Chris over there was great. I needed some things that weren't showing up on the Web site, so I ask the question do you have these parts he emailed me back in less than 10 min yes he had them. DON'T be afraid to ask, he set up a cart for me with everything. Payed for it aprox 10pm last night got a shipping confirmation at 9:48 am this morning. I will definitely order from him again. He is looking into a Meteor kit for my 029 to 039 we will see. I don't know should I leave the stihl alone it has low low hrs on it and after a MM it woke up pretty good. I will try to post pictures along the way. I know I am rambling

i'll rebuild an 029/039 saw BUT only if i absolutely have to. when i absolutely have to i'll reuse used parts to make a runner out of them. to put money into them when they are already a good running saw is crazy. to muffler mod one sure but to put money into them? they were already overpaid for when purchased new lol leave it be and make it earn it's keep.

Well put the Jonesred back together today. Meteor pistons no base gasket 19.5 squish did a little porting mainly cleaned up the casting. Opened the transfers towards the intake just a bit had to steal a couple of parts from the husky, the parts shipped just not here yet. I know no pic it didn't happen. I am doing the same thing to the 350 so I will get pic of that one. I used the mm muffler from the 350 so I have a stock muff. Going to try and get video of stock 350 cut times then the jred with same b/c. And then the 350 after mods. I will get my BNL to bring over his compression tester tomorrow and check the numbers, but I can tell you it is a lot more than stock. It feels like my stihl for compression all I have at the house for testing is small or already been split I will go out to the land in a couple days I have several oak that need to come down

Back