First time saw shopper; please help confirm what I've found...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53 said:
There is no idle problem with the MS250. It's a solid and reliable saw.

As for local purchase verses mail order, you have to decide for yourself if you need face-to-face dealer support or not. AS is filled with DIY types (I'm one of them!), but for most purchasers a screwdriver has too many moving parts.

How would you compare the 353 and 250 Andy?

Fred

Until the late 80s there were more dolmars here than stihl or husky.

Crazy Eh.

Fred

Mr. said:
FOR YOUR MONEY. Husqvarna 353.

Good saw. Low bucks. Go to Bailey's website.

350, ms250, 455 Rancher are not near as well built.

Fred

But, the 5100 Dolmar is built better than all of them! And, for his money, he can call up Tony at Amicks Superstore and spend a pinch more on the 5100 than the 353 from Baileys and own the best 50cc class saw around!

The great brand loyalty debate - LOL - I am not involved with it! I like quality built stuff that is easy to work on. The Dolmar 5100S is just that - a trend-setter of a saw. It has taken the market by storm! Now, I also run (older) Shindaiwa saws - kind of outdated designs, but stoutly built and durable as heck, easy to work on, great parts availability, high torque, great firewood machines.

It has been said a million times before on here - buy what feels good in your hands, and from a dealer you feel comfortable with. Like Lakeside said - lots of do-it-yourselfers here! I am one of them - could care less where I get my machines from - just so that person turns in warranty info for me and registers my equipment with the manufacturer for warranty work! Cash is king - best price rules (usually)!

I had a Sach (dolmar?) moped a long time before I even knew what a chainsaws was.. and that was a LONG time ago:hmm3grin2orange:

Someone dropped the ball.

Latest posts

Back