Fiskars: Check out new series of axes...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valleyboy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Just perusing the internet and popped on to Fiskars Site. It appears that they have com out with a new "X" series of Axes also noticed a 36" handle :bowdown:on one of the axes. I didn't open the product links - I wanted to let you all know first, Lets see who (AS member) buys the 1st new Fiskars series Super splitter. :hmm3grin2orange: I love mine, but I would be definitely interested in the longer handle. Have a good one and stay warm and safe out there!

Regards,

valleyboy

I'm not sure I've ever owned a bad Fiskars product. I would definitely use their scissors if I were to get my stab on around the office.

Imagine if they made a chainsaw...

Wow... Xtreme!!

Do you think these use the same 4.5-lb head as the 28" Super Splitter?

Talked to customer service on their live chat and they said it won't be available till after the 1st of the year, but amazon and ace hardware will carry them. Also, it does have the same 4.5# head.

Last edited:
Talked to customer service on their live chat and they said it won't be available till after the 1st of the year, but amazon and ace hardware will carry them. Also, it does have the same 4.5# head.

Yep, I read that they would be available in Feb. 2011 somewhere?...

My only concern is this:
Which sounds like marketing speak for "Made in China."

Not unless they changed recently...

Fiskars axes are like Corvettes...nearly unmatched performance at a fraction of the cost...and you're not afraid to drive the hell out of the thing.

Wow, Finally..... I'll be getting one of those........:)

For my use, the old one has felt "perfect" - but I guess I will take a look at the new one at some point......

I seldom split wood that is sitting directly on the ground, as I don't like hitting it with the axe.

I saw the new X series they are talking about. I just got a super splitter myself and when i punched in the product number it came back as the new x25 splitter. Same axes new name i do believe. And from what I could tell by looking it has to be. I think they just added more sizes to the line up of splitters like the big 36" anf therefor, came out with the x series while doing so. I also have the reular 28" axe and its the same thing as this x series they are talking about also.

Last edited:
One things for sure though, I really like that x25 I have. And so does mdavlee, he and his dad got to try it out and were impressed as well. Fiskars IMO, is top quality stuff at a good price.

I have the x15 and x25 and love them both. That 36 incher would definetly be for a taller person.

Hoping to get one for christmas:) I just hand split a over a cord by hand with an 8lb maul yesterday after I figured out I was way faster than the gas splitter. I felt like John Henry or something;)

Back