Fiskars x 27

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking at grinding one of the 6lb mauls down to a Swedish/Austrian profile for a while now, looks like it'll take some time even on that soft steel though.

Just making this post (hi AS) to let other Australian members know that after a long time Amazon is now shipping the X27 to Australia and with shipping it comes out to around $65, half that of the big green shed.

One I'll have to get used to is the X27 is heavier than my double bit axe and not twisting the head when swinging. I guess the best way is to focus on hitting the bottom of the round when you split. It just seems a bit odd... but it splits the heck out of stuff that would take several blows with the old double bit axe.

JT

I picked up an X27 today from Wally World! It's too darn hot to do much today, been trimming some pines up near my house, but I did try it out on some green cherry. My maul could not split it, instead just bouncing off or denting it... The X27 took it right apart. I'm sold!

:rock:

-Joe

Last edited:
attachment.php
Is this a Chi-Com copy???

I don't have any of the Fiskar axes; but I have their lopper and small shovel. Broke two loppers and their refund policy and followup was exceptional. Fill out their form, send a picture, and voila! new tool.
That cemented my future purchases of tools to be Fiskars.

i wish fiskars made golf clubs ............,the x27 makes an excellent 9 iron in a pinch though :msp_thumbup:

What make/model husky axe is the equivalvent of the fiskars x27 (4.5 lb or close to that head weight, 36 inch handle), and what is normal retail price?

I have yet to do even one swing with the different headshape fiskars over the original much more wedge shaped head on the supersplitter, perhaps there is a significant difference in real world usage. But the 28 inch handle old style model busts wood bootay...just sayin...

TIA

I have the original "Super Splitter" and the X-25 and X-27. I much prefer the original. The "Pro Splitting Axe", which went out of production along with the Super Splitter is also a great light duty splitter (2.25 lbs, I think).

Latest posts

Back