Fixin to get ugly here......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pup- at least he knows where to look for the bigg'uns.

If they aren't in the water, they must be under the snow...

attachment.php

attachment.php

We're in the same boat as BloodOnTheIce and Leeha, predictions are 8-12" of snow by tomorrow evening. At least we don't get ice here (much). We were pretty much ice-free for the last storm that hit farther east. We do get tons of snow though, Snowfall totals for this area for the month of November was 70".

As I was coming home it started to rain and it froze....instantly on the windshield.

Roads got treacherous in 10 minutes flat.

Snow is one thing....ice is another.

Good for my business though (body shop)

If the wind comes up once those power lines get iced up....well....it won't be good.

Time for a CR on the rocks.

Lakeside....great pics!

Yep, we're supposed to get a combination of heavy snow and freezing rain Sat - Tues. That means inevitable power outages and we're the last on the list of their priorities.

I guess tomorrow I'll stock up on fuel. I've got plenty of diesel for the tractor but a couple extra jugs of gas for the generator won't hurt.

Yep, we're supposed to get a combination of heavy snow and freezing rain Sat - Tues. That means inevitable power outages and we're the last on the list of their priorities.

I guess tomorrow I'll stock up on fuel. I've got plenty of diesel for the tractor but a couple extra jugs of gas for the generator won't hurt.

You got wood heat?

Supposed to hit the fan tonight

Here in north central Iowa we are expecting 5-12 tonight. I made my house ready to go without electricity. We have wood heat, and a pretty good amount of wood in the basement now. The furnace is a Longwood. works on wood or natural gas. I have lots of kerosene lamps and old style Coleman lanterns. Protection ranges from .25 cal. up to 12 gauge slugs, and the AK for the truly unsociable. Lots of beer including some that I made a while back. The generator is ready to go (wife needs computer to do her contract revisions on line for high tech company) and one of my best friends runs the local tank truck, so gas is no problem. If it gets super ugly I'll plug the hot tub into the generator and have a beaker of Laphroig and watch it snow. When the power goes out which it does now and then, we usually end up with a house full of those less prepared. I hope everyone comes out of this OK. Best to ya all. JR

Skid loader gassed up, snow blower gassed up, plenty of oak by the wood stove, generator...Dang! sold it last year!:censored:

Two Dillons, a Ponsness & Warner and a Mec ready to go!!! :bowdown:

Makes me want to get out my Pacific 366 and my Hornady progressive.

Shoot more, shoot more often!

You wouldn't have a Belding and Mull measure laying around you want to give me?

Last edited:
Someone had better notify Al Gore. His global warming theory does not seem to be holding up. Do not worry about him. He will be warm and toasty at his small home.He hires illegal workers to get his wood.

Snow??,shoot Id be worried more about the economy,heck winter happens every year,least thats what they tell me.
Stay off the roads first 24 hrs,let everyone else do the adjusting.

ak4195

Two Dillons, a Ponsness & Warner and a Mec ready to go!!! :bowdown:

Makes me want to get out my Pacific 366 and my Hornady progressive.

Shoot more, shoot more often!

You wouldn't have a Belding and Mull measure laying around you want to give me?

Belding and Mull, great powder measure, way before it's time. Throws about as well as the top of the line modern measures. I know I have a spare around here I will probably never use. I'll see if I can find it amongst the 5 Mec Presses, Bonanza CoAx, RCBS Rockchucker, A2, Big Max A-4, Dillon 550, 78 sets of different caliber reloading dies, the stuff I forgot and all the accouterments. Needless to say it might take me a bit. I can't promise but, I'll take a peek around.

All them fancy reloaders make me eyes glass over!

I just get by with an old Herters single stage and a Lee turret press!

Oh well.....

Nothing really fancy about mine. When a few buddies come over and we decide to churn out a few rounds, I think you might be amazed at we what can accomplish. I have the room, the equipment, they supply the components, we all share in the labor and everyone is happy.

fer got the warm????

warm clothes you must:clap: me 1 foot and it still is comin down in the cascades:clap: :givebeer: i have my cs 81 wearin a 36" and my ms 180 16" in the house:) sawz make nice house pets, as long as they are not closet oil leakers:clap:

LOGGER WINTER PRAYER POEM

LET IT HOWL, LET IT SNOW,LET THE TREES COME DOWN,
I HAVE ME A CHAINSAW WAITIN TO GO OUT AND PLAY,
SO OLD MAN WINTER PLEASE,
LET IT HOWL, LET IT SNOW,LET THE TREE COME DOWN,
HOW HOW DELIGHTFUL NO POWER,NO PHONE
AND THE NEIGHBOR RAPPING ON THE DOOR SAYING
LET US ENJOY YOU FIRE AND THE BOTTLE OF CHEER
IN YOUR HAND
MAY IT BE A BLESSED WHITE STORM WITH LOTS OF DOWN
TREES AND PEOPLE IN NEED OF MY CHAINSAW

AMEN
:cheers:

Filled all the wood racks with hedge and got all the saws ready for the freezing rain but it might not get cold enough. I hope it doesn't. The power company was cutting down trees north of town today so if it's not icy tomorrow i'll be hauling home all that free firewood. My saws get mad when I don't cut it myself but they get over it.

its only going to be in the 50s here rats i would not mind seeing some snow clean the air out lake thank you for posting the pictures makes me want to be there just walking in it i dont get to do that much being in a climate like north carolina coast

i guess we stick to far east to get it here

Last edited:
Lakeside, sorry to hear about your pirate ship. You aint gonna get no bootie with it stuck in the ice.

Latest posts

Back