Fixin to get ugly here......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HUH? The storm is still 8 hours away:greenchainsaw:
:greenchainsaw: It's still filling before it dumps!

Phones been ringing off the hook today, no one has used their snowblower in 2 years and for some reason it won't start today.
I always shut the gas line off instead of using the kill switch, then let the engine run until the carb's gas runs out.

.... When I had mine I would just backfeed it through the welder outlet in the garage, run the whole house that way.
....[/IMG]

Don't get caught. It is illegal without an idiot proof disconnect to the power line. I think the chances of killing somebody that way is exadurated, but even a close call is unacceptable.

Don't get caught. It is illegal without an idiot proof disconnect to the power line. I think the chances of killing somebody that way is exadurated, but even a close call is unacceptable.

I agree (don't get caught).

yeah. we already lost power out here in north bend. it was out about 2 hours and came back on but im not thinkin for long. gotta head to town for a new battery for the generator.....

sawfix

Nothing here in Monroe, no wind all, very nice day so far. It was perfectly clear the first half of the day, but it's a little overcast now. Started at 7F this morning and is 18 now.

A. Stanton

That's about what we have here before the storm.

I'm standing at my chain grinder on one foot (ready to chop the gouty foot off!). The shop is 34.6F, but feels warm in comparison to outside. Already started 4 "dead' saws for neighbors, and sharpened a dozen chains. Sent one neighbor off to get me 2o gallons of gas - he had to go 6 stations before he found one with gas, and all they had was premium.

Yes.. weirdly still right now. Not a sound... and clouds building. Up to a balmy 21F ;)

I'm standing at my chain grinder on one foot (ready to chop the gouty foot off!). The shop is 34.6F, but feels warm in comparison to outside. Already started 4 "dead' saws for neighbors, and sharpened a dozen chains. Sent one neighbor off to get me 2o gallons of gas - he had to go 6 stations before he found one with gas, and all they had was premium.

Yes.. weirdly still right now. Not a sound... and clouds building. Up to a balmy 21F ;)

Sounds like a good time to me...:)

I didn't realize you were fighting the gout. Good Lord man, you need to take care of yourself! All that good brew will take its toll on a man...:givebeer:

New storm which is starting to arrive could add another foot or so to this:

snowsnowsnow001.jpg

And in the Big Bottom country, we have this much. It started snowing an hour or so ago.
attachment.php

This is the scary part.:eek:
attachment.php

Every one of those trees was topped some time ago so they now have a weaker top. But they are on the west side of the house. I wasn't here in 2003 so it'll be a new experience. I hope it won't.

winter solstice...Carpe' Di'em.....

Dug out an area 20'x35' perhaps 18 inches deep for a nice fire pit,snow bermed up to reflect the heat,room for folding chairs.
Gathered/bucked up alot of willows and poplar snags,with a little bit of good wood from the woodpile for coals.Tonights fare is porterhouses/t-bones n some ahi steaks,fancy pasta creamy sauce,with smoked salmon/cream cheese spread on crackers n celery for munchies.
Suns going down and its a beautifull night @ 23 degrees,good nite for slush'y beers by the fire.Hot brandies and red wine for the cook of course.
:cheers: Happy solstice everybody:cheers:
ak4195

Sounds like a good evening.

It's just starting now, snowing lightly and a little gusty, other areas are getting it a little worse.

Should be some good wood to clean up around here soon.

We only had a prediction of an inch or two for today and that's about what we got BUT....the wind came up suddenly and created white out conditions on the North-South roads.
It's still howling.
All the trees are still loaded down with ice as it hasn't been above twenty seven here.
I'm betting some more go down tonight.

How's it goimg out there Andy?

We were forcasted to get 3-7 in., and we got something in that range. Stopped snowing a few hours ago, but as the snow trailed off the wind picked up. Have quite a few drifts on the roads now, was able to get a load of wood out of the woods before it started drifting. Hopefully I can get another load out tomorrow, and we may get another 1-2 in. of snow and be a blistering hot 5 degrees above 0.

Husqvarna: 137, 61 (in pieces-yet) L65, 288xp, 2100CD
McCulloch: Mac 2-10 (won't stay running-rainy day project)

The big storm didn't do much here and I'm happy. Looks like maybe 4 more inches of light fluff, a rarity for here. We usually get Cascade Concrete snow.
I slept through it if there was any wind. But Chehalis got 9 inches and I need to go there this week. I'm sure they don't have much equipment to deal with the snow. Maybe I should go to Yakima?

Same here.. still breezy, an snowing lightly. About 6 inches more to scrape off the paths...

Can't wait for the freezing rain they are forecasting;)

Our 4 inches is getting rained off as I speak, supposed to get wind this afternoon, looks like we are getting the tail end of what's up north.

Back