Flatbed dump chip truck question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing really in that post looked like he has a case sounds like BS to me!

He said its "declamation of charactor".

I never said anything bad about him personally, so i dont know how its any different from customer review of a business.
I bought a grapple from him a couple years ago. It was a piece of crap that i had to basically rebuild. If he is gonna sue me, then i guess he better sue the guy from colorado that bought the truck that broke down 2 miles from tristates yard.

Its just sad how everyone in this world is "sue happy". This world is diffenently going to hell.

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation a negative or inferior image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published, whether true or false, depending on legal state. In common law it is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]

What funny is he is gonna sue me for saying not to buy from him but he trashed talked manaruk and called first fleet a bunch of thieves.

I never said anything bad about him personally, so i dont know how its any different from customer review of a business.
I bought a grapple from him a couple years ago. It was a piece of crap that i had to basically rebuild. If he is gonna sue me, then i guess he better sue the guy from colorado that bought the truck that broke down 2 miles from tristates yard.

Its just sad how everyone in this world is "sue happy". This world is diffenently going to hell.

And I bought a bucket truck from different place in NC and he said the engine and trans were in good working condition and when it arrived it was leaking oil and had a hole in the block patched with JB weld! Now I have to buy new because you cant trust people!

I see feva at a lot of the trade shows. They will probably be at the one in Lancaster next week. The equipment at the shows looks good. I think if your buying new, almost anyone would be OK to deal with because it would be covered by a factory warrentee

I see feva at a lot of the trade shows. They will probably be at the one in Lancaster next week. The equipment at the shows looks good. I think if your buying new, almost anyone would be OK to deal with because it would be covered by a factory warrentee

If the Stealorship honors it they are hard to deal with too! I hear the new stuff has a lot of pollution control on the diesels. Sounds like more things can go wrong but what choice do we have anymore? I was thinking about a Ford with a Cummins and Allison auto 2012.

Dont reply to him anymore at all!

If the Stealorship honors it they are hard to deal with too! I hear the new stuff has a lot of pollution control on the diesels. Sounds like more things can go wrong but what choice do we have anymore? I was thinking about a Ford with a Cummins and Allison auto 2012.

Everything you buy in new big trucks, your gonna have to put urea in for the emissions. You used to be able to buy a truck without a engine and put your own in and get around all the emissions stuff but now you can't.

Buying used equipment is a pain. I looked at 15 buckets before i bought mine same with my chipper grinder one ton and skidsteer. Most want more than its worth and dont tell you problems till you see it. I allways go at least twice and bring someone with me that knows mechanics. If you tell someone your bringing a expert they think twice about bs in you.

Buying used equipment is a pain. I looked at 15 buckets before i bought mine same with my chipper grinder one ton and skidsteer. Most want more than its worth and dont tell you problems till you see it. I allways go at least twice and bring someone with me that knows mechanics. If you tell someone your bringing a expert they think twice about bs in you.

What did you end up with?

Do you have any ?

My new 3500 dodge dually uses diesel instead of urea, but it has all the same emissions BS as all the others. Now instead of polluting the air we are polluting the ground. Seems like we elect stupid people to government that only make our lives harder.I won't buy anything that I have to put urea in. What a pain in the butt.

I was looking at my grinder and noticed there is no muffler on it. The exhaust comes right from the manifold to the turbo and out a short pipe with a flapper.

My bucket came from the city of northhampton mass. Its a89 f700 with 40000 miles had it for 4 yrs now just normal problems brakes and tires heater core. My one ton is a 89 f350 came off a golf corse 7.3 diesel 4x4 had 54000 built a body for it. My skidsteer is a743 bobcat i bought fro a dealer on consignment. And my chipper is a 1250 vermeer i bought from a home owner that had cleared a building lot and kept it for yrs. All this equipment has been fairly reliable. I am able to do 90% of any work on it. I think the key of buying used equipment is being able to fix it yourself. I waited till i could pay cash for it. Paid 8k for the bucket, 6k for the chipper,5k for the skidsteer and 4k for the one ton.

If you wanna stay under CDL I wouldn't get a truck over 18,000 lbs as a chip truck. The reason is you will need to pull a chipper. Average decent sized chipper is 5K. I would look for a F-550 or Mitsubishi Fuso FH or FE180 which are basically the same truck, just the FH is the older model. Better useful load with the Mitsubishi but no 4WD. Depends on what you will use it for. The fuso has a phenomenal turning radius. You don't have to pay road tax under 18K too which saves a little money and some headaches. Getting your CDL isn't that hard either. Chips weigh about 500 lbs per yard. Do the math on a "under CDL" truck. Most of the time they will be over weight.

Mike

I could be wrong, but I thought as long as your trailer was under 10k lbs and the truck is under 26,001 lbs you were not cdl. I think the 26k lbs is
GVWR not GCWR

I could be wrong, but I thought as long as your trailer was under 10k lbs and the truck is under 26,001 lbs you were not cdl. I think the 26k lbs is
GVWR not GCWR

That's how it works in Jersey. My C70 has a sticker wt of 22,000lbs with juice brakes. I can two any trailer under 10,000lbs and be under the CDL threshold. This applies to any truck, non air brakes and under 26,000lb gross wt. On the opposite end of the spectrum, my F350 has a GVW of 10,000lbs. I could tow a 14K goose neck trailer and be at 24,000lbs, 2,000lbs under CDL requirements. That's about as good as you can do without a CDL.

Latest posts

Back