fleabay CS-450P project finished up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd548esco

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just now got around to finishing up the $78 2013 echo CS-450P that was sold as for fix or repair.

initially the saw had a gummed up chain break band which was repaired by just a good cleaning. and reassembly.

the saw still retained the cat muffler and the saw seemed to run out of steam real quick on anything over 10" with its el-cheapo 20" bar it also wanted to run a little side ways the bar and chain appeared new but don't match the saw and are of very low quality. off market el-cheapos--

i pulled the muffler and drilled some large holes to bypass the cat and just left it in there then i removed the muffler screen and deflector . then i pulled the limiter caps and re-tuned the carb.

the saw seemed to have more grunt but was still sogging in the cut. i attempted to sharpen the no-name chain --that seemed to make it bog down even worse . the bar was flimsy and springy. it just didn't feel 'good" at all on the saw.

i stumbled on a new old stock windsor/sandivk 16" on flea-bay cheap so i ordered it.

when it came in it looked like it would fit but had some issues with adjustment holes --so after a couple hours of drilling, grinding and so on i got it on the little 450.

i also got a new oregon chisel type pro style chains in .325 16" loop --

all i can say now is "wow!" this little sucker really-really cuts good!

i think the bar and chain made the biggest improvements as this little saw "feels' like a big saw now-- and it cuts like its big brother the 590!!

i am really liking the 450 now-- where before i was thinking-- "boy this little saw cuts like a little saw. "

now this thing screams! in the same wood it was bogging in it just drops through-- it don't even lose any speed!

i don't think dropping down to a 16" from a 20" on the bar turned this saw into a cutting machine as much as replacing a econo-store el-cheapo discount brand chain and bar with "pro-quality" items.

the extra power now really shows its stuff as the chain can put it to good use.
the crap chain and bar they sent with this saw --i should have just tossed them in the trash right off the bat.

these little echos can be "cutting monsters" after a MM and a carb re-tune--be sure you got a GOOD bar and chain though as people are tempted to put "junk" chains and bars on um.

this little 450p feels a lot like my 372XP hot rod saw-- just smaller--LOL

Latest posts

Back