Fleabay deadbeat . . .need advice and to vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am old enough to remember when Ebay was nothing but a blue screen that sold comic books and trading cards. I was a seller when PayPal was first introduced and it was a free service. We all thought it was the cat’s meow until about 6 months later, PayPal froze all sellers accounts and would not release your money until you gave them a valid credit card and agreed to the new fees system. I am still a little sore about the bait and switch and refuse to use PayPal for anything on Ebay. Most good sellers will still accept USPS money orders.

I just got a postal money order for a saw I sold on Ebay. The guy emailed and ask if I would take one, I said sure. It came about 4 days later and I shipped out his saw. He was happy and so was I.
I'm sure you did but that's not an accepted form of payment now, go read the accepted payment policies, you don't have that option when you list something except for certain sections like the mature section but that doesn't mean you can't get away with it, just don't get caught.

from ebay's page

Not permitted on eBay.com

Sellers may not solicit:

Buyers to mail cash.

Buyers to send cash or money orders through instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or MoneyGram.

Buyers to mail checks or money orders (except for items in categories specifically permitted above)

Payment through bank-to-bank transfers (except for items in categories specifically permitted above)

Payment through "topping off" of a seller's pre-paid credit or debit card.

Payment through online payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy.

Payment through payment methods not listed in this policy.

I am old enough to remember when Ebay was nothing but a blue screen that sold comic books and trading cards. I was a seller when PayPal was first introduced and it was a free service. We all thought it was the cat’s meow until about 6 months later, PayPal froze all sellers accounts and would not release your money until you gave them a valid credit card and agreed to the new fees system. I am still a little sore about the bait and switch and refuse to use PayPal for anything on Ebay. Most good sellers will still accept USPS money orders.
Paypal was nice until ebay bought them out, that's when all the fees and such started.

Last edited:
update

tried to call seller, but there was no answer and i am not into leaving people messages . . .this makes me think something did happen to him (death in the family, etc.) and i am just being the jerk in pursuing the matter to this degree, guess we'll just give it time and see what happens. thanks again to everyone who offered up information, experiences and advice.

tried to call seller, but there was no answer and i am not into leaving people messages . . .this makes me think something did happen to him (death in the family, etc.) and i am just being the jerk in pursuing the matter to this degree, guess we'll just give it time and see what happens. thanks again to everyone who offered up information, experiences and advice.

Your not being a jerk, unless the seller himself died or vanished, theres no reason that there was not 2 minutes for them to let you know what was happening.

Yep thats it, bothering him while he is spending your money. You should be shamed for calling him.
Why he might be worried it is his poor sick aunt in Ala. calling with her last quarter.
You might be better off if you just set him up with a allowance of sort,
you know.
Help keep him off ebay stealing money off of others. Have you no shame!!:(

File a Paypal claim NOW. It is within the time frame and the seller is obviously not going to get you your merchandise. You are being too nice to the guy.

He already did file the paypal claim I think. The next step is to drive up there and shoot the guy's dog.

I thought he filed an eBay claim (which is useless). Open the dispute with paypal and start the process to get your cash back.

i filed the claim thru paypal, from what's been said this is encouraging . . .also upon further delving into the matter i noticed that the wife had set the default payment on our paypal account to the credit card rather than transfer from the bank account . . .this also seems good, as the credit card should provide another level of buyer protection. the seller is supposed to respond to my claim by Jan. 10 . . . so we'll see, if there is still no response i assume i will get my refund.

Latest posts

Back