Latest E-bay Purchase goes completely to...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
PERFECTION

Picked up a Poulan Countervibe 4200 this weekend from e-bay seller mypaintings 1.
If you ever have occasion to deal with this seller, do not hesitate, he is awesome.

I emailed him Saturday and told him that I would transfer the funds into my paypal account on Monday and complete payment by close of business.
His response was "Great, have a nice weekend".
On Monday I had my lovely wife deposit the funds around noon and paypal the funds when she got home.
By the time I got home around 4pm, the saw had already been shipped and was in the UPS tracking system. He must have been sitting in the UPS parking lot waiting for the e-mail from paypal.
Today, shortly after I got home from work the big brown truck pulled up in front of the house.

I couldn't believe how nice this saw is when I unpacked it.
I haven't tested the compression yet but it is very strong.
The saw started immediately and runs like new.
I will leave a glowing feedback for this seller tonight.

I really hope that the seller is happy that I'm not the kind of maggot infested, carrion eating vermin that would, with malice aforethought, buy a saw with the sole intent of finding something wrong with it that I could use to re-negotiate the transaction.

I understand that those kinds of buyers can be found everywhere, and are getting more common all the time.

I'll try to get some pics a.s.a.p.

Mike

Mike glad your deal came together well. Anthother 4200 is always a nice thing and were waiting for the pictures.

Tried to rep you for not being infested with maggots. Them are hard to get rid of. I hear the only way is to poisen them from the inside with Kentucky moonshine. The headache from that might hurt worse then a case of the maggots. :cheers:

A+ and F- for me

I bought 2 660's and an 036 off fleabay..the first 660 ran great 2 years sold it the same way. the second 660..no cylinder at all(not in the pics) piston with gouges all the way around rings heat sealed..I did everything I could to discredit that #####er but decided to stop ebaying. The 036 had been straight gassed..it ran..didn't check compression but it wasn't right. I replaced cylinder and piston and fired it up just tonight. fuel line leaking at tank..more expense. never again will I buy used. I sold both the 660's for $900 this past weekend and worked a deal with my buddy(dealer) for a new 660 for $1000 out the door with a 32" bar..I think I will be set for a couple 20 years.glad for you..lotsa jerks out there be careful

Great Mike!!!!

I been pretty lucky with fleabay and clist...Bought alot of my woodworkin stuff from there and I even bought a PU years ago from fleabay in Minn. Thats when finding a good PU was like hittin the lotto here in KY....I prob. have a hard time doin t now with all the crap going on....
Thanks for sharing,,,nice to hear there are some good sellers still out there!!! Congrats and enjoy!!!! :clap:

Pics are always nice. I still think there are some good finds on e-bay and I've found most folks have been good to deal with. I would hope your experience would be the norm.
I've also been had good dealings with arboristsite members.

Last edited:
4200003.jpg
"]

If you need any bucking gaffs let me know as I have a ton of them.

Mike glad your deal came together well. Anthother 4200 is always a nice thing and were waiting for the pictures.

Tried to rep you for not being infested with maggots. Them are hard to get rid of. I hear the only way is to poisen them from the inside with Kentucky moonshine. The headache from that might hurt worse then a case of the maggots. :cheers:

I got him some rep.

I just missed a 5200 in craftsman clothing on craigslist. It went fast.

Last edited:
PERFECTION

Picked up a Poulan Countervibe 4200 this weekend from e-bay seller mypaintings 1.

Mike

Wondered who got that one. I saw it when I was looking at the 2000 I sniped the other day.
Congrats.:cheers: Glad it went to a good home.

Great lookin 4200 Mike :clap:
Most saws, or I should say, parts saws that I have bought, came in a old beat up, oil soaked box, and its contents so cruddy, was half affraid to grab hold of it. LOL

Thats a beauty, Yes there are good and trusting people in this world yet.

I think I would prefer the Miller High Life cure for maggots, over the shine though. The side effects are much less life threatening.:)

:cheers:
Gregg,

Gregg,

I'm not sure that Miller High Life would do the trick.

That might just make a guy infested with HAPPY maggots.

Mike

PERFECTION

If you ever have occasion to deal with this seller, do not hesitate, he is awesome.

I emailed him Saturday and told him that I would transfer the funds into my paypal account on Monday and complete payment by close of business.
His response was "Great, have a nice weekend".
On Monday I had my lovely wife deposit the funds around noon and paypal the funds when she got home.
By the time I got home around 4pm, the saw had already been shipped and was in the UPS tracking system. He must have been sitting in the UPS parking lot waiting for the e-mail from paypal.
Today, shortly after I got home from work the big brown truck pulled up in front of the house.

I couldn't believe how nice this saw is when I unpacked it.
I haven't tested the compression yet but it is very strong.
The saw started immediately and runs like new.
I will leave a glowing feedback for this seller tonight.

I really hope that the seller is happy that I'm not the kind of maggot infested, carrion eating vermin that would, with malice aforethought, buy a saw with the sole intent of finding something wrong with it that I could use to re-negotiate the transaction.

I understand that those kinds of buyers can be found everywhere, and are getting more common all the time.

I'll try to get some pics a.s.a.p.

Mike

Hmmmm..... Just can't stop can we.

I'm out of rep for Mike and Mark for the maggot comments.

So rep rep in spirit anyway. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back