Flipped the tractor.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chucker

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
learned that lesson the hard way about 25 years ago. broke right leg, compound fracture of the right arm (steel plate ) and a ruptured gull bladder.... only takes a second or less? was/did pulling from the lift from the 3 point and dropped a hitch, which caught a stump not knowing along with shifting into a higher gear going up hill from a soft spot!!!! in a hurry? lesson learned or two....

Nuzzy

Nuzzy

Trail Gnome
I found out real quick to move my adjustable hitch point below the center line of the rear axle on my little tractor. Didn't eliminate the problem, but it was a god damn deathtrap beforehand... :laugh:

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Friendly reminder to cover the clutch & throttle when hauling a big load & the front end starts feeling light; once the tractor pops a wheelie, there's about one second to figure out what to do before things go south.

Thanks for the advice. Next time I see somebody trying to skid real logs with a rig that's basically one step above a riding lawnmower and totally unsuited for the job at hand and being driven by an amateur with more ambition than good sense I'll remember your words of caution. :rolleyes:

Philip Wheelock

Philip Wheelock

Finis Origine Pendet
Thanks for the advice. Next time I see somebody trying to skid real logs with a rig that's basically one step above a riding lawnmower and totally unsuited for the job at hand and being driven by an amateur with more ambition than good sense I'll remember your words of caution. :rolleyes:
Listen, you arrogant pr**ck: hauling a trailer of oak with a heavy tongue load, everything's fine until one of the trailer wheels goes in a hole - soft ground. Tractor does a wheelie. No one's around to tell me what I don't know; gotta learn it on my own. So "I have a potty mouth".

Gologit

Gologit

. AS Supporting Member.
Listen, you arrogant pr**ck: hauling a trailer of oak with a heavy tongue load, everything's fine until one of the trailer wheels goes in a hole - soft ground. Tractor does a wheelie. No one's around to tell me what I don't know; gotta learn it on my own. So "I have a potty mouth".

Learning on your own is fine...if you survive the lessons. A little common sense goes a long way. You should try using it sometime. Or not. Your choice entirely.
Good luck.

HuskStihl

HuskStihl

Chairin'em for the sound
Since moving to a 4wd tractor, my blood pressure has gone down a bunch. Haven't used that big-assed winch I bought when I had the 2wd. Who knew tractors got stuck in the mud so much?

Gologit

Gologit

. AS Supporting Member.
If you don't have anything constructive to say other than lecturing about common sense, just shut the f**k up. I'm outta here.

Try posting in the Homeowner Helper section. It's more your speed and maybe they'll be nicer to you when you do something dumb.