Flyers and Brochures!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M.D. Vaden said:
I've just used one side B & W for a while...My cost is about 2.5 cents per page / flyer.

Have you figured out how much it will cost to print yours?
The paper cost for a brighter, heavier paper (28lb. - 96 brightness) is $0.018 per page.

The color laser printer was $280 and included enough toner for 2000 pages or $0.14 per side. After that, the price drops to about $0.04 per side, depending on how cheaply I can find the cartridges. Retail price, the cartridges are more expensive than the printer! But they last twice as long.

The cost for color is then about 6 cents for one side and 8 cents for two sides, if the printer lasts a couple years without needing anything.

M.D. Vaden said:
Two - what program did you use?
Adobe Creative Suite which includes InDesign 2.0, Photoshop 7.0, and Illustrator 10.0. That's what I use intensively. It also comes with Acrobat 6.0 and Distiller - but I make the PDFs within the other programs. Now there's a CS2 out. If you're not a student, it's $1200. (here)

Then there's my time! I would rather do it myself than have to deal with the chumps at our local print shops or shell out the money for a professional ad agency to make it. Still, I outsource printing when it's in bulk or if it makes sense like VistaPrint.com.

wow

Nickrosis said:
The PHC Updates don't normally look like that - it usually has more of a newsletter feel to it like the one before it.

really nice flyers nick, the phc facts were catchy too ,you are designing stuff on the side for fees? real interested j

jmack said:
really nice flyers nick, the phc facts were catchy too ,you are designing stuff on the side for fees? real interested j
:laugh: When it's your business, all the jobs are side jobs. E-mail me or send a PM.

Next edition!

Thanks for the projects some of you guys have sent my way. =) In this one, I covered EAB as we discussed in this thread, and I included some information about spruce gall adelgids which is a big deal this year in our area. The other item on the back is a sort of FAQ that I've found useful in relaying info about what and why we do it. Of course, I like the warm fuzzies I get when notes come back from customers saying "thanks for the flyer! I read them all!" and such. =)

Great work, Nicholas! Informing clients about the catastrophic effects of bad government decisions is smart, and empowering them to contact the agency and make a difference is both bold and brilliant!

Very well-written info. Minor edit--adelgids cause an infestation, not an infection.

How big is your mailing list?

Nickrosis said:
Yeah, I was blackwater tubing in New Zealand a couple weeks ago. :) It was fun.

Hey did you do that in Waitomo? We were there a couple of years ago, 5hrs in a wetsuit, in water filled caves, it was amazing, one of the best things I've ever done!

Hey Nick, real nice work!

My prior career I was a director of marketing. Here's a tip: To save on your laser printing keep the basic design of all the pages the same (except of course your cover page). Have a printer print a bulk order of the basic layout of the page and the standard cover page. Then when you feed them thru the laser you're just printing your text and pictures . . . it will save a lot on toner & fuser cartridges.

PS: If you have any bulk mail questions feel free to PM me.

Hmm, now if I copy your newsletter, remove the "tree and lanscape" and replace it with "tree service, LLC" . . . hmmm.

(FYI: I named my company before I knew about this site . . . although I've been waiting for misdirected e-mail or call from Milwaukee :laugh: )

Excellent layout and design Nick! One question though, depending on the size of your customer base would it be more economical to get a fufillment house to print, and mail your newsletters? All you would need to do is lay it out and email it to them.

Back