Flywheel removal made easy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. As many of you know I could care less about hot saws, or even wood's ports. A good sharp chain is like doubling your hp ;) Muffers - ok, I do that. Oh, I have been known to chase (mig) about 30 feet of cracks in a mower deck, or make a new shattered chipper bearing mount, or... I'm a sad reminder of "just because you can doesn't mean you should". :msp_sad:
Keep at it - fixing things is a skill of the future, even though it doesn't pay now. Globalization and international trade will run into huge problems in the coming decades and those who can make and fix things - from small scale to industrial - will eventually be valued. Keeping one's head above water in the meantime is another story..........

It's alway good to invest your money in machine shop tools.......to make 10cent parts......Hahahahahaha!

Hey Dennis.. It's been a while. Good to see you are still laughin':clap::clap::clap::clap:

You get 10c for your parts? Damn, I only get 4.

Last edited:
Hey Dennis.. It's been a while. Good to see you are still laughin':clap::clap::clap::clap:

You get 10c for your parts? Damn, I only get 4.

Hey Lake!.....Oh yeah!......hotsaw parts bring bigger money......Hahahahahaha!

001-29.jpg

Last edited:
Hammer method bad? OEM's supply flywheel knockers specifically for that method..... :bang:
It works just fine.

A good sharp chain is like doubling your hp ;)

I don't support that statement in any way shape or form. And I'm surprised nobody else has come out and said it yet.

It's not a mod, performance enhancer, or improvement if it's something that's supposed to be done anyway.
A proper tune is not a mod, it's supposed to be tuned.
Good clean fuel is not a mod.
A clean air filter is not a mod.

It's just the way it's supposed to be.

And don't get me wrong I'm not aiming anything at you specifically, but rather the statement that's made by all to many. I just happened to snag your post of it.

With that post I'm pretty sure Andy was venting his disgust with the many who would spend hours on mods yet take little time to make sure their chain was sharp.

For me, sharp doesn't just mean sharp. It means all angles and edges are as they should be. I'm talking emeffing sharp!!

I don't support that statement in any way shape or form. And I'm surprised nobody else has come out and said it yet.

It's not a mod, performance enhancer, or improvement if it's something that's supposed to be done anyway.
A proper tune is not a mod, it's supposed to be tuned.
Good clean fuel is not a mod.
A clean air filter is not a mod.

It's just the way it's supposed to be.

And don't get me wrong I'm not aiming anything at you specifically, but rather the statement that's made by all to many. I just happened to snag your post of it.

Go easy on Lakeside...... He's kind of new around here............

Like I said I didn't mean to target one specific person with that post ;)

Sure a race chain will make a saw seem faster, but for the everyday user a sharp chain (as it should be) is something that is just supposed to be there. Like air in your tires, beer in your mug, worm on the hook, etc.

Hammer method bad? OEM's supply flywheel knockers specifically for that method..... :bang:
It works just fine.

Question .... what's the likelyhood that the only saw shop in town will sell me an OEM tool ? Likely gonna have to drive an hour for that kind of thing. Flywheel knocker and clutch unscrewer-thingy are the 2 must-have tools I'll want when I port my 435 .... lol !

Question .... what's the likelyhood that the only saw shop in town will sell me an OEM tool ? Likely gonna have to drive an hour for that kind of thing. Flywheel knocker and clutch unscrewer-thingy are the 2 must-have tools I'll want when I port my 435 .... lol !

I see no reason they wouldn't sell you either, Dennis. Both tools are not EPA related. Both are easy to make though.

[video=youtube_share;M4XaO-3Fc_Q]http://youtu.be/M4XaO-3Fc_Q[/video]

i have found this to be the easiest way for me,, i loosen the nut to where it is flush to the crank,,, i use a 4 foot pry bar between the block and the back of the fly wheel and pry outwards with moderate pressure,,, then i take my 10 pd sledge and give the nut a good wack,, either the flywheel comes off like it should or it will break in half,, either way it is off,,

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back