For All You Stihl Haters...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Reaction score
i-JtkmZKS-L.jpg

My well used but just one year old MS362. Mercifully that muffler bolt avoided forming an intimate relationship with the piston.
That's what you get when you buy a saw manufactured in August.

Let the bashing begin. :laugh:

Hmmm, manufactured in August? Its so cold in the fatherland that you don't want anything made there during summer?

Around here, you don't want anything made on a Monday, Friday, any week that contains a holiday, and week before a holiday, especially a holiday weekend, and you don't want any Volkswagen made anywhere but Germany.

Hmmm, manufactured in August? Its so cold in the fatherland that you don't want anything made there during summer?

Around here, you don't want anything made on a Monday, Friday, any week that contains a holiday, and week before a holiday, especially a holiday weekend, and you don't want any Volkswagen made anywhere but Germany.

August is when the whole of Europe goes on vacation. German firms usually keep operating at reduced capacity because the "three weeks of paid holidays in August are a God-given right" mentality is not as strong there as in Italy or The Netherlands and they tend to spread holidays over the whole year, but still it's the month where getting something done is nothing short of a nightmare.
That's why I usually go on vacation in the Fall. :laugh:

Same here in Greece. August = skeleton crew and they came to work to bbq and complain that they have to work in August. Also, strikes just seem to always happen right before or right after holidays. So, nothing is getting done (or done right) before Clean Monday, Easter, Independence Day, Summer, Oxi (No) Day and Christmas.

When I first came to Greece I was in the Air Force and working at an aircraft maintenance facility. I asked one of the guys in August what was happening and if we would be finished with the airplane this week. He says "no". I asked, "why, are we having strikes?" He replies, "no Dan, its August!" That means we're closing shop and heading to the beach!

The day a mechanical contrivance becomes fault free we can all go to the beach or whatever turns you on every day & saw dealers open one day a year to enable the dozy nerds that still use them to replace, buy new, buy consumables,& view the latest all M tronic Turbo charged twin overhead tool bag self starting model that comes badge & decal less in Red,Orange,or Orange /grey, you then wait untill the sole opening day of Walmart, Harbor Freight Home Depot & get a set of badges/decals of your choice you then retire back to the beach for a couple of weeks to contemplate how & when/why to fit them the problem is the brewers want the same deal so beer is a rationed product so its a bit of a bugger but we all have to revert back to how we are, Ah Well now Iv'e woken up I'd better do sumatt :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yeah, no way does that happen to an Dolmar, Echo, Husqvarna, Mikita, Homelite, Poulan, J-Red or even a Remington.
I've never even had a chain go dull on my other saws....Stihl's gotta be sharpened.

You gotta pull on a Stihl to start them......ALL my other saws start with Bluetooth remote, which helps you find them too.

Kinda Whatcha was looking for ?:D

i-JtkmZKS-L.jpg

My well used but just one year old MS362. Mercifully that muffler bolt avoided forming an intimate relationship with the piston.
That's what you get when you buy a saw manufactured in August.

Let the bashing begin. :laugh:
August is a big vacation month in the Wash DC Metro Area. To the point, my cousin would shut his residential Tree Service down one week, forget if it was the first or last. They had a hard time scheduling a full week of work, so they shut down. The guys that had more than one week vacation could take the rest whenever they wanted, Joe.

The day a mechanical contrivance becomes fault free we can all go to the beach or whatever turns you on every day & saw dealers open one day a year to enable the dozy nerds that still use them to replace, buy new, buy consumables,& view the latest all M tronic Turbo charged twin overhead tool bag self starting model that comes badge & decal less in Red,Orange,or Orange /grey, you then wait untill the sole opening day of Walmart, Harbor Freight Home Depot & get a set of badges/decals of your choice you then retire back to the beach for a couple of weeks to contemplate how & when/why to fit them the problem is the brewers want the same deal so beer is a rationed product so its a bit of a bugger but we all have to revert back to how we are, Ah Well now Iv'e woken up I'd better do sumatt :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Dude, they ration beer? That’s about the same as, “let them eat cake”. It’s time to storm the Bastille!

FIXED Doug.:laugh: i do run Huskies but only at GTG's:)
[/QUOTE]

Steve didn't your Momma ever teach you to NOT mess with Perfection?

I had it RIGHT the FIRST time,

I can Understand why you would reach for a Husky while competing, you are there to WIN so a Husky is the Natural choice :numberone:

But when I grab a saw, it is for the really important things, like keeping the Home and Family Warm, or clearing a fallen tree from the road, so there really is NO OTHER Choice but Husqvarna, when it really matters ;):)

Hey Stihl is in the Top Three

#1 Husqvarna

#2 (Very Appropriate ;)) Poulan Wild Things

#3 Stihl

I have heard RUMORS in Dark Alleys, that there ARE, OTHER brands of saws, but I'm Sure that is just Hersey, and Blasphemy :drinkingcoffee::popcorn2:

Doug :cheers:

Steve didn't your Momma ever teach you to NOT mess with Perfection?

I had it RIGHT the FIRST time,

I can Understand why you would reach for a Husky while competing, you are there to WIN so a Husky is the Natural choice :numberone:

But when I grab a saw, it is for the really important things, like keeping the Home and Family Warm, or clearing a fallen tree from the road, so there really is NO OTHER Choice but Husqvarna, when it really matters ;):)

Hey Stihl is in the Top Three

#1 Husqvarna

#2 (Very Appropriate ;)) Poulan Wild Things

#3 Stihl

I have heard RUMORS in Dark Alleys, that there ARE, OTHER brands of saws, but I'm Sure that is just Hersey, and Blasphemy :drinkingcoffee::popcorn2:

Doug :cheers:[/QUOTE]

Exactly... :blob2:

Winner: DOLMAR :chainsaw:

#1st Loser: too Husky

#2nd Loser: Poopin Wild Thangs
#3rd Loser: Still Sawing (Dolmar guys are already drinking cold ones). :cheers:

:ices_rofl:

Back