For Sale: 2 NIB Mercury 60hp outboards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
have 2 Mercury 60hp outboards from the 90's in stock, both are still in the factory Mercury crates. power trim, tilt, oil inject. $9500 each firm. will open crates and take pictures for serious inquiries.

9500 each. these are unopened, unused, top of the line models. the 2strokes will allways outdo the newer 4strokes :)

Wow, nice motors I'm sure, and I am looking at a new one in the 40-70hp range. (repower on my 16' bass rig puddle jumper)
But, thats about $3500 above my highest price on 60s. I was pricing evenrude/johnson, my 40 horse is a johnson.
Must be a big price difference between where you and I live.
-Ralph

attachment.php

Ben you sure that price is each..

Mike Maas said:
I always heard $100 per horse power, as a rule of thumb ($6000 for a 60 HP).
BTW, the new four strokes are pretty nice.

same here i always go off that....

i will have a talk with the owner that has been storing them on my property for the last 2 years. might be able to talk him down to 6,000 each.
he has noplace else to store them currently and i need them gone and out of my way.

chopwood: send a bunch to the west coast cause you could sell a ton at that price! last time i looked at a 15hp it was around 3200+

NWCS said:
chopwood: send a bunch to the west coast cause you could sell a ton at that price! last time i looked at a 15hp it was around 3200+

Round here, that would get you two 9.9 Johnsons, last time I checked.

talked to the owner tonight and he will not budge on the price. and no that price is not for both, that is indeed each.

Treeco, you hit it 100% on both counts. he is up to his eyes in debt and still wont let them go. i keep telling him one of them is going to go missing.. on my old boat! would be nice to upgrade from my classic 1964 Johnson 75hp :)
salt water racing is not nice to points ignitions!

I got to thinking about it, and while high, IF the motors were to be a matched set, with one running reverse rotation for dual mount on one boat, the prie isn't that much out of range. usually the normal engine is regular price, and the reverse rotation is about 50% more. so, as a set, if this is true, he's only off about $3K for the set, instead of $7K.
-Ralph

Back