For the 3/4 wrap guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a stamped part that came originally with a homeowner saw the scrench seems well made. You can see here how the radiused end adds strength, vs. the straight wall of the standard tool.

Untitled by zweitakt250, on Flickr

I also have another 1123 series wrench, but it is much smaller and provides nowhere near the leverage.

I know I've had my original near 20 years. I may have just picked it up, but I thought it came with my 020T.

They did include them with the 020T also, around the time that they redesigned the 020T sprocket cover.

The main problem was, people would torque the bar nuts down on saws with the plastic clutch covers, and then the plastic would
grip the bar nut so well that people couldn't get them off. Or they'd crank the nut down and break that metal collar that goes
inside the plastic clutch cover.

I have 6 different Stihl wrenches. One to remove the screws too.
The one with the tube handle I don't remember witch model that came with.

attachment.php

When I put a wrap handle on my MS361 a few years ago it came with a cool scrench that would clear the bow. I ordered a couple of spares from the dealer but he told me they were $35.00 each! Order cancelled.

I hate to be the one asking the dumb questions here- but I have read the 461R/scrench problem a few times (I assume it's your 461 you're talking about?)
Did the bar nut placement or 3/4 handle get redesigned for the 461? Reason I ask is I have a 460R with a fairly normal scrench (normal as far as I can tell) and it fits on the rear nut and clears the handle just fine. It does brush right against the side of the handle, but sits fairly square on the nut.
I had full intentions of posting pics- but for some reason my memory card drives just stopped working so I cannot read my SD card at the moment.

Latest posts

Back