For what it's worth, my Stihl comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dealer didn't mention anything about bringing it back in but I will take it to them to do. I've been having a conversation in PM about my local dealer -- let's just say they have some weaknesses.

It's funny, I read the owner's manual for most things and think "they write 90% of this for CYA reasons and for morons" (I've got a friend who is general counsel for a large power tool manufacturer and that's my summation of his explanation of reviewing manuals). The sad part is that the people who really NEED to read the manual don't.

So for now I need to log some hours on the machine. :chainsawguy:

That is right!!!!:chainsawguy:

you now what i was refuring too

Around Enumclaw it's one in the same:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
a wide power band saw is like comparing a a 25 cc saw to 500cc saw, i prefer the most power so i can longger bars:chainsawguy: .wide power band saws have a better idle to full throttle response whith longer bars. i was kiddin about the 20" bar on the Stihl MS 660 pro on that saw i would run a 48" bar w/full skip chain:chainsaw: :givebeer: :popcorn:

a wide power band saw is like comparing a a 25 cc saw to 500cc saw, i prefer the most power so i can longger bars:chainsawguy: .wide power band saws have a better idle to full throttle response whith longer bars. i was kiddin about the 20" bar on the Stihl MS 660 pro on that saw i would run a 48" bar w/full skip chain:chainsaw: :givebeer: :popcorn:

Dude... you're killing me with the "Power band" stuff... LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gary

From someone who has written a lot of user manuals:

You have to write them o the lowest common denominator, flaming idiots, because they are the ones who will sue. You are right this makes most manuals basically useless because there is no information in them above a 3rd grade education.

What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? Everybody! "A GOOD START!"

It's really a sad state of affairs in the country that we have to write owner's manuals only to avoid litigation from people who are truthfully too mentally challenged to be operating the equipment to begin with.

Even more sad is that we have so many lawyers who misrepresent the profession and rather than do good and protect/defend people's rights they perpetuate the stereotypes about lawyers and sue manufacturers when there's no good reason to. :angry:

I'll step off the soapbox before I get going good.

Latest posts

Back