Ford Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnamo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have come across an old Ford chainsaw made by oregon products. Does anyone know of the value of this saw. It would be for collectors or that sort of thing. Definately not something I would work with. Thanks for any help. Jeff

I did use the search feature and found one post about these saws from 2005. It appears that they are kind of rare. I also read that they appear on ebay now and then and that is where this one will probably end up. I am just looking for a starting price for the bidding. It was my Grandfathers saw and he gave it to my dad who gave it to me. They both worked over 35 years a piece for Ford so they don't have any attatchment to the saw and neither do I. I have a Stihl 039 that is a beast and have no need for a Ford! Thanks for any help, Jeff

If you decide to sell it, let me know what you' re looking to get for it. It would look great on the shelf next to my current Ford chainsaw, assuming the price is right.

The blue saw on the top shelf:

Shelf_1.jpg

jnamo said:
I did use the search feature and found one post about these saws from 2005. It appears that they are kind of rare. I also read that they appear on ebay now and then and that is where this one will probably end up. I am just looking for a starting price for the bidding. It was my Grandfathers saw and he gave it to my dad who gave it to me. They both worked over 35 years a piece for Ford so they don't have any attatchment to the saw and neither do I. I have a Stihl 039 that is a beast and have no need for a Ford! Thanks for any help, Jeff

Just put it on ebay with a low starting price. There are quite a few people looking for ford chainsaws to collect and I'm sure you will get a very fair price, probably more than you would expect, or anybody here will tell you it's worth.

How about a heads up when it goes to Ebay so we can all drool :hmm3grin2orange: . I think they were made by O&R Engines not Oregon. Thanks...Bob

It was made by O&R engines in L.A. Cali. There is a sticker on the side that says to replace chain with factory oregon brand chains. That is where I was confused. I just glanced at it and never really read it. Sorry! Jeff

Here is a pic. Don't think it works. I don't want to touch it (might break something w/ my luck!).

Don't ya hate when guys do that kinda thing? And, a 10 day auction to boot! Bahhh

I hadn’t realized that there was auction etiquette. I am just trying to get what the saw is worth. I have no idea if it is worth $10 or $100. For me to work out a deal with someone would be foolish. He gives me $25 for it and I find out it is worth $100 on ebay…I would hate it for someone to do that to me. Sorry if I did something wrong, it was not my intention. Jeff:(

Its ok

You let them know that you were baying it, I think you are right why would you cut your own nose off?

jnamo said:
I hadn’t realized that there was auction etiquette. I am just trying to get what the saw is worth. I have no idea if it is worth $10 or $100. For me to work out a deal with someone would be foolish. He gives me $25 for it and I find out it is worth $100 on ebay…I would hate it for someone to do that to me. Sorry if I did something wrong, it was not my intention. Jeff:(

No problems jnamo! Old items like that saw are worth whatever price someone will pay. I mean, we could all give you a ball-park on a Stihl 066/660 - but older, less common machines could go for hundreds, or under $20 depending who is looking at it and who wants it bad enough. This saw might end up going to a Mustang fan that only cares because it says FORD, not because it is a cool saw.

Computeruser will just have to bid - although I feel that the saw will soon exceed any reasonable persons limit and baffle us all as to what the minds of those on eBay are thinking!

Good luck with the auction. A 10-day is a good deal for you, reaches more people! Us bargain hunters prefer the 3-day auction - less exposure = better chances to get a good price!

Josh

Latest posts

Back