Forester bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got ten carts with casters from Northern tool. They were made in china and the nuts and bolts didn't fit each other. There was no interference fit and they keep falling apart. We used locktite at first and that didn't help. Now we redo each cart with SAE fasteners and that solves the problem. A major lack of standards and quality control.

I bought one off of pest and have been happy with it. I had a wanted ad here for a bar and Pest was the only one to answer, so I gave him my business. Ya, it obviously isn't stihl, oregon, windsor, GB quality but their pricing gives them a market. I like to buy american goods when I can, but it has become increasingly difficult. Big box stores push everybody else out. Now everybody, if the tax-cut passes through the senate (I know it was held up last week), don't spend that money on the cheap chinese crap at walmart. Go support a local business and american made products. "Buy American, or bye bye America" is one of my favorite quotes.

i don't know about the bars but the tips themselves are JUNK, i got a couple to replace the tips in my windsor bars that had blown and the first day i ran one it blew before lunch time

epicklein22
"Buy American, or bye bye America" is one of my favorite quotes.

But yet you bought a chinese knockoff bar

???????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
epicklein22
"Buy American, or bye bye America" is one of my favorite quotes.

But yet you bought a chinese knockoff bar

???????????????????????????????????????????

I bought the bar because it was half the price of a stihl or oregon bar and I decided to support an arboristsite sponser. None of the other sponsers or members offered anything. I am a college student and money isn't falling from tree for me. I am paying my own way too. Like I said, I try to buy american products when I can. I go to walmart maybe twice a year because I believe they hurt america more than they help. The majority of their jobs are low paying and their workers have no healthcare or a union to join.:chainsaw:

Im currently running a Forester 20" on my 372XP. this bar is all white-not like the one pictured previously. No problems so far...im only cuttin firewood but it gets the job done.

I'm thinkin of buyin a windsor speed-tip as a back up/replacement bar....any thoughts on these bars?? good, bad??

Im currently running a Forester 20" on my 372XP. this bar is all white-not like the one pictured previously. No problems so far...im only cuttin firewood but it gets the job done.

I'm thinkin of buyin a windsor speed-tip as a back up/replacement bar....any thoughts on these bars?? good, bad??

Put the Windsor bar, far better quality, on and leave the forester as a backup.

I bought the bar because it was half the price of a stihl or oregon bar and I decided to support an arboristsite sponser. None of the other sponsers or members offered anything. I am a college student and money isn't falling from tree for me. I am paying my own way too. Like I said, I try to buy american products when I can. I go to walmart maybe twice a year because I believe they hurt america more than they help. The majority of their jobs are low paying and their workers have no healthcare or a union to join.:chainsaw:

Don't feel bad. In some cases we all have bought overseas product. Most of us have China made shoes and a lot of guys on here have China made chain grinders. Somehow that's alright to own a China made Grinder but not a bar. FYI, I am not the seller of this bar. I have sold some Forester bars ( very few) and I've had good results. But they sell only because of price.

I'm not trying to be a salesman of forester bars at all, but I do think they are of decent quality. I can totally understand the reluctance of wanting to buy a chinese bar, but unless you've used them don't assume they are inferior to a comparable gb, oregon or windsor.

Try it before you judge it!

I picked up a 16" solid forester for my 026 and it has worked great. I have cut a full cord or so and have had no issues. Not any girly wood either,mostly dead elm........

local amish Husky dealer has been stocking them in 058 only. The amish loggers are beating the snot out of them and they seem to be holding up.

I don't like powermatch bars, but are they better than the wears-just-by-looking-at-them-oregons?

The world has become one giant Chinese knock-off marketplace. And no wonder there are are like a BILLION Forester bars on Ebay stores for sale all of a sudden?

I'll stick to GB ProTop and Stihl ES bars myself.

I'm right here

Where's PES+?

If you don't like the bars don't buy them.........*shruggs*

GB are not made in the US and as someone pointed out in another thread not all the GB bars are Titanium alloy (the pro tops are not as the small bars are not)

Most Oregon bars are made in Canada as are the Windsors.

The Foresters are holding up better than I expected and I am beating up on some of the Windsor clones right now.

If you want the brand name I can understand completely but I can agree with the post that said do not assume they are junk having never actually used one.

As far as the person who blew the tip one the first day...your dealer should take care of the problem to your satisfaction.

I have had two CN40s blow tips in the last month that were less than a month old but I do not scream that they are junk because they are not.....it happens sometimes.

And as I also stated in the past check out the Oregon catalog and run the percentage of products offered and see how much product they sell is made in the US.

hey Urbicide, i do not grease the tips, but never have and don't seem to have a problem with the windsor tips, and as i said it blew before lunch the first day i ran it

I understand where you're coming from,I was young and poor once

And never said the bars were junk,just if I knew it was made in china I wouldn't buy it if I had a choice of others, just tighten up a little and bite the bullitt.

Wasn't ment to offend you

I'm not trying to be a salesman of forester bars at all, but I do think they are of decent quality. I can totally understand the reluctance of wanting to buy a chinese bar, but unless you've used them don't assume they are inferior to a comparable gb, oregon or windsor.

I got one of these new forrester's like brad mentioned that's going to get some HD usage on the 660 this spring. I'll keep you updated on how it works out. It looks like very good quality, very similar to an ES Stihl Bar.

Latest posts

Back