Forget the Presidental Debate, McCulloch 10-10 vs Homelite Super XL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For many years, I discounted the Homelite brand saws until I owned one. I bought an XL-1, and thought nothing more of it as a hanger queen, until one day one of my small Shindaiwa saws decided not to start. I picked up the XL-1, and after spending a little effort to get it running, and put it to work for a whole afternoon. It worked like a charm!
Now, I am the proud owner of the XL-1, and a Homelite XP-Powermaster 1000, and I love them. I haven't done much with the Powermaster 1000, but it is a good looking runner, and one of these days, I will have the kind of wood that will require a 100 cc saw.
So, for me, no more looking down my nose at the Homelite saws.
I have a C-71 that I'm working on(and off)....it's in nice shape and I redid the fuel related bits but there is a big open hole where the throttle rod goes in and I will not run it without figuring out how to plug that up....can't find any mention of it or any pics of a rubber boot or anything there but it is under the massive air cleaner......so why run it with an air cleaner if you have a hole the size of a nickel right next to the carb????????? I would love to see that I'm wrong!!!

I'm busy too, so I don't live on here. Not sure who you should tell about my misdeed. But I'm sure you killed this thread.
I've never seen the point in reviving threads that haven't been commented on in years, for multiple reasons. Most of which should be obvious. It's a common issue in every forum style set up. I actually make it a point to check on the comment dates before I post anything.

I've never seen the point in reviving threads that haven't been commented on in years, for multiple reasons. Most of which should be obvious. It's a common issue in every forum style set up. I actually make it a point to check on the comment dates before I post anything.
Sorry, but i don't see any reasons it's a problem. I see it as becoming more informative and believe it livens up the forum.
I would prefer the SXL 12 over a non AV 041, but with the AV the 041. Both cut a lot of wood on a tank of fuel and are excellent 20in bar saws. I expect the 041 has an edge in power when more umph is needed. I have seen lot of 041's with 24inch.

Back