Forrest's New Plan II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok gentlemen, let's just not respond to any more blather from Forrest. If he participates in the group a semi rational fashion then treat him like anyone else.

I've recieved a number of complaints about him and others reacting to his posts.

If y'all want a "Bait Forrest" forum I'll ask Darin if he wants to create one, but then we already have a "Trivia" one.

I've asked him, and told him to ignore you. He wont. So maybe you adults can refrain from offering opinions on his intelect.

:rolleyes:

BTW, I've got a cold Hinie right here.

JPS, that was a cruel thing to say and totally uncalled for. Shame on you. Have you no decency, man?

Ok my 2 cents now.

Sorry your biz plan is realitivly bad.

Lawn care is not a profitable biz in Florida, nor are you going to get much tree work from doing lawns as you will be "to busy" cutting grass.

Second the insurance you need will exclude tree work right off the bat and will require you to get a seprate policy for tree work. My GL has set limit on how much tree work I can do and does not cover anyone but me as a climber. I am not a full time tree care provider. But in my lco I have a tree care program, and we trim up low branches, brush and remove small dead trees. If it's dangerous I call the "EXPERTS"!

Either you do tree work or you do lawn work.

If it's lawn work, you are on the wrong forum.

www.************

Also let me add if you click profile and near the bottom of that page is a button for ignore all posts by this user. You wont see any posts by them.

Last edited:
Yup, I gotta agree with lawngodfather. When I had my lawn service, I never broke 25K per year untill I started doing tree work along with it. But my lawn business insurance did not allow me to do any trimming over 15 feet. I finally sold my lawn service in '90 and did tree work full time since then. But by then I had a chance to learn some of the basics from other tree guys (and making plenty of mistakes). I was probably 28 or so before I started getting fairly good (by my own standards today). But if you had asked me then, I would have told you that I was GREAT! :rolleyes:

I agree Brian We still do Lawns a day a week for our good customers but its really tough to make any Money on lawns.

Agreeded

Yes....I decided a a couple weeks ago to drop the lawn idea because it would require much more startup capital and would not creat significant returns without a bulk clientel, which I dont have time for anyway because I will be going to school 4-5 days a week. I am just going to stick with the tree jobs which have significantly higher profit margins and require much much less commitment than having to show up to a lawn every week or so.

The only thing is and this is why i keep about 20 Lawns it is a steady check. :cool:

Originally posted by Nickrosis
So basically, Forrest. Your remaining company choices are as follows:

Street Beggar or Entertainer - low startup costs; pure profit; high opportunity cost, but we won't talk about that

Thief - no costs associated because it can be done naked; extraordinary profits; medium risk depending on location and competition

Bum - no training required; loose change and bills may cover first day, alternate plans recommended

House Sitter - on-the-job training only; potential for additional revenue if you can lift things well

Bandit - considered "cool" by young children; blazing guns a plus; fame, fortune follow quickly; hit banks - they have money

Trenchcoat Watch Salesman - difficult market to enter without experience; fun to walk around in; suggestion...don't sell to other suspicious people dressed like you

Mafia Member or Hit Man - excellent opportunity if presented to you; difficult to change careers afterwards, may not be an issue if you're dead or in jail; video game background may help, try Grand Theft Auto

Well, I could go on and on, but I think I hit some of the major ones. None of these jobs require job interviews, and some of them you could start tomorrow. I think any other ideas would be shot down by people on this board.

Nickrosis

LMAO!:D

He's probably going through the red tape of being a site sponser. Then we'll see who's laughing.:D

Originally posted by Nickrosis
He's articulate.... I hope his attitude got an adjustment and that he's on the right track.

LMAO Ummmm Yeah Lets think positive! :D

Latest posts

Back