Found a Stihl 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw sounds as though it has a rev limiter on it. I also checked the compression and it is hitting right at 170psi. By the way, $400.00 is a real good price for the saw, as long as it does not need any extensive top end work; as you could be looking at having another $350.00 tied up in it. I'll pull out my tach a little later and tune it again. I have mostly worked on older saws so any information is well received. This saw is a good bit different from my sp125 McCulloch. I found the saw in Florida in a miss labeled listing. I offered the guy $850.00 shipped and he bit.

The saw sounds as though it has a rev limiter on it. I also checked the compression and it is hitting right at 170psi. By the way, $400.00 is a real good price for the saw, as long as it does not need any extensive top end work; as you could be looking at having another $350.00 tied up in it. I'll pull out my tach a little later and tune it again. I have mostly worked on older saws so any information is well received. This saw is a good bit different from my sp125 McCulloch. I found the saw in Florida in a miss labeled listing. I offered the guy $850.00 shipped and he bit.

Thanks for the assurance, the most the saw will need is a carb cleaning and a kit, maybe a fuel line and filter. It has not be used in 5 years, properly drained and shelved due to the age of the operator. Money order on its way.
Pioneerguy600

Back