Found these old JD side rakes at an old farm site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman6666

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Found these at a very distressed property I recently purchased. I brought them home 8 miles on the front of the telehandler just like you see here, got some funny looks. It was a real pain getting the trees cut out of them very hard on chainsaw chains! Thought you guys might think it was funny!
rake2.jpg

rake1.jpg

rake3.jpg

Found these at a very distressed property I recently purchased. I brought them home 8 miles on the front of the telehandler just like you see here, got some funny looks. It was a real pain getting the trees cut out of them very hard on chainsaw chains! Thought you guys might think it was funny!
rake2.jpg

rake1.jpg

rake3.jpg

Wow those are really neat! I wish I found some stuff like that on my property.

Had to be fun cutting that one out. How high was it off the ground? :msp_ohmy:

OOPS! Wrong thread. Sorry! My Bad..

Get the rest of the wood out of em, paint em up and use them for some lawn ornaments.

Now I know who to call if I need parts!

Actually, I've got a Case up on the hill, still works fine after all these years. I last used it about 5 years ago before I rented out my farmland. The only downer is the steel wheels plow on sidehills, something I've got lots of.

What's the plan for em? Scrap, yard ornament, sell to old iron nuts?

Take the tires and rims off and build some frames to mount the wheels on and then put a deck on it and a tounge and use it for a firewood trailer ::msp_smile:

Wow, how long have they been sitting there for the tree's to grow up thru them like that?

Yes some old iron guys would love those, my dad beening one of them, he has more "projects" behind the shop than he will ever have time for:rolleyes2:

Roy

Latest posts

Back