Free 200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my82cam

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My friend came over to the house tonight, said he had something for me. opened his trunk and there is a 200t sitting there! bought it at a yard sale for $5! part of the plastic pull cord assembly is broke, but the P and C look to be good and the saw is pretty clean. He had no idea what he was buying, just new I fixed stihl chainsaws and for $5 he couldn't go wrong. he has made me a happy man! this will replace the under powered 192t in my bucket. :D

Want to sell the piston and cylinder ? :)

Nice score and good friend.

Nice catch !

The 192 and 200 might look a bit like, but totally from different world. I have 200 too, and its pretty handy in construction work and cleaning branches etc.

Here is a list of things I had to do to get it going, and I had all of these parts on the work bench from a smashed saw I got from another tree company. I don't have $1 in this saw!! Free 16inch bar and chain from previous trade, motor mount, oil cap, fuel filter(this was new, not used), cleaned carb, starter finger thingy(the black thing that catches balancer to turn it over) and a flywheel(3 fins broke). blew it off, cleaned it up, adjusted carb, sharpened chain, put it in wood, cut like a beast!!! bam! this cat is happy!! :hmm3grin2orange: my only concern is this, there is a minor amount of play side to side on the crank shaft. I don't know if this is normal or a sign of my crank bearings going out, but I mean just a hair of play. anyways, I'm happy!

Here is a list of things I had to do to get it going, and I had all of these parts on the work bench from a smashed saw I got from another tree company. I don't have $1 in this saw!! Free 16inch bar and chain from previous trade, motor mount, oil cap, fuel filter(this was new, not used), cleaned carb, starter finger thingy(the black thing that catches balancer to turn it over) and a flywheel(3 fins broke). blew it off, cleaned it up, adjusted carb, sharpened chain, put it in wood, cut like a beast!!! bam! this cat is happy!! :hmm3grin2orange: my only concern is this, there is a minor amount of play side to side on the crank shaft. I don't know if this is normal or a sign of my crank bearings going out, but I mean just a hair of play. anyways, I'm happy!

Side to side play on that saw is normal. It has roller bearings on the crank as opposed to ball bearings on most others.

Score.
I own five or six of them... the oldest one is 10 years young and beat hard everyday by our tree service professionals.
The newest is still in the box, waiting to become my little friend ...

As a tree climber, I wear a 200T like a good pair of underwear.

200t's those loose roller bearings running direct on the crank, and the short stroke fat piston slim-as con rod no wonder they rev so quick, must be fastest revving stock saw with the B.S.
spark-screen removed?, my bush 200T is leaned slightly for screaming revs if so desired, but there's low torque there as well you can cut branches at any revs depending on the size of the branch, you don't need anymore power from a 200T unless you're using it the wrong way like a typical greenhorn also worse thing you can do is lumber a tophandle saw with a 16" bar unless you're stretching too far in the first place, even the 14" unbalances and adds weight, the chainbrake monstrosity is nothing but turkeys thumping rulebooks, ditch it immediately, they're dangerous and cause accidents and totally fekk the feel of the saw and they weigh a ton with it. I hate chainbrakes on 200T's with a vengeance And the smooth 1/4 pitch 12" setup the 200T bites through anything in it's path, heheh but too hard to sharpen for tyros, heheh compared the 3/8LP is coarse and rough even brand new. back to the crank they slop when the loose rollers gouge a groove into the surface, the clutch side it is, new crank seals ain't gonna fix that one

someone had already removed the muffler cover, which I guess is normal for these saws. I do have 14 inch bars I can put on it, just thought I would try the 16 and see if I like it or not. I got several jobs saturday, so, I will get to try it out in the bucket. hope my ground crew can keep up now! lol

Glad to know the side to side movement is ok, that makes me feel a ton better. thanks

I used the saw today, it is awesome. the 16 inch bar is going to go, I don't like it. The 14 inch bar will go on there tomorrow morning for sure, I will get more bucket time with it on this big pear tree tomorrow. ran out of time today.

14 inch is much better for sure! so glad my friend gave me this thing, he is up for a cold 12 pack and a steak dinner!

Back