Free 5 gallons of mix!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Had a strange thing happen today, but then, in my family strange things happen most every day, but this on actually applies to chainsaws.
I have about 5 containers for gas in my warehouse (it's really a two-car garage, but there's another location called the "garage" and another called the "shop" so this gets it's own name of "warehouse.")
Anyway, the containers are various sizes from 5 gal to 1 gal. One day a month or two ago another 5 gal container shows up, only it's a blue one - (one of the 'kerosene' containers). I think nothing of it. Since I share this space with my father-in-law, I just assumed he thought a second fiver would be useful and went out and got this one, only it was the wrong color. No big deal, and I never mentioned it to him. I didn't use any of the gas in it, thinking that he bought it, so I'll let him use it for his mower.
So, today the other cans were empty and I needed some gas for my pressure washer. When pouring it in, it seemed a little on the blue side, as if it had oil mixed in it. A buddy who was with me agreed on the oil, so I called up my FIL to ask what kind of fuel he put in his container. After a bit of banter, it turns out that neither of us has a clue where that can came from.:dizzy::confused: It just appeared in the warehouse a month or two ago. Our wives would not buy one, and my many kids would rather spend their money on duct tape and legos, so I've got a theory:

Since the warehouse is at the corner of our property, I figured it must belong to one of the two lawn service companies that park there to work on one of the lawns adjoining the warehouse. Since I don't want a blue container, and can't possibly use 5 gals of mix before it goes bad, (and because I'm a decent, honest, and good-looking chap), I'll hunt down the proper owner and return his fuel.

Now, for anyone who has actually read this silly story thus far, let me know and I'll give you a nice big rep shot.

Similar thing keeps happening at my house. But for me, it is new chainsaws. I keep telling my wife that I don't know how they got there. Funny part, I have yet to be able to track down the proper owner, so there they sit. :msp_biggrin:

:msp_thumbup:eek:n returning the container.

I guarantee after reading this I will think twice before I poor the stuff from the blue container into my Kerosene shop heater.

The loacl gas station has a heating oil pump and a kerosene pump. I see a lot of interesting containers of all colors being filled at all the pumps. I dunno, I'm actually a little particular about that and try to use cans of the proper color for the various fuels. It just seems like a good idea.

I'd be cautious about using it. But if it truly is gas even at 40-1 pour it in your truck at a fillup and run it. They don't need to be rewarded for leaving five gallons of gas unattended; that's dangerous. Just use it.

Latest posts

Back