Free cut-off saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonden

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Dont know where to post this so i try here, got a free :msp_smile: ts460 cut-off,
saw to day, it is complet but the piston is worn out. the cylinder can be saved i have heard theese engines eat a lot of dust that is why they often end up looking like this can that be true ? .got to get me some new parts for it of eBay.I am also looking for a parts manual for it ,anybody know where to get it from ?.

ts-460cutoff001.jpg

ts-460cutoff006.jpg

Nice!

I'd make sure the crank bearings and seals.

I'd make sure those darn crank bearings and seals too! :)

The 460 is a good cut-off saw- they are very popular here. Yes, the demolition saws eat a lot of stone and concrete dust and it is very hard on the motor and intake components. Pistons are easily had on e-bay as are a variety of other parts. I'd definitely replace the bearings and seals along with all of the fuel system components and rebuilt the carb. Don't be surprised to see concrete dust/gunk in the carb.

Nice score, I love chop saws... I dont use mine much, but very handy to have around. I grabbed a couple Partners once for a bill, sold the parts unit for $150. Kept the good one with $50 in my pocket. One of my better scores to date.

Do anyone have the size of the main bearings on the TS460 saw ,i maybe have them allready.

I had the bearings on the shelf ,they were the same as the one on flywheel side on the 064 saw. The machine is now stripped down and cleaned , i just have to wait for the new parts orderd on ebay from different several seller there.Piston and carb kit, oil seal and some different gaskets and the drive belt.
The airfilter and sparkplug was new ,maybe and attempt to get the machine running again without more costly repairs ?.

The saw is now runnig ,but i have some problems with the carb ,it has poor acceleration but nice idle and on full trottle ,i have to try some more carb adjustment or another teardown and cleaning.I have to run the L 3-4 turns out to get some accelration at all.

stihl-ts460003.jpg

Latest posts

Back