Free EHAP workshops with TCIA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im probably not going to enroll as I dont have much spare time, however I do notice this: "Please note that proof of aerial rescue practice and CPR/First Aid certification are a requirement to complete this course."

is it required for me (or anyone else) to be CPR certified BEFORE taking the course or does "completion" be put "on hold" per se till you get CPR certified?

im probably not going to enroll as I dont have much spare time, however I do notice this: "Please note that proof of aerial rescue practice and CPR/First Aid certification are a requirement to complete this course."

is it required for me (or anyone else) to be CPR certified BEFORE taking the course or does "completion" be put "on hold" per se till you get CPR certified?
I think you can get that CPR cert online , look. The Aerial rescue can be videoed and sent in. Not as complicated as it seems.

Also for the Aerial rescue you do one from an Aerial lift and one clmibing. Have all your safety gear on .
yep
anything specific about it, can an employer provide the training or is it required that a third party does it?
taking the CPR training and firstaid stuff right now, if the rescue training can be done by an employer than I will go do it tomorrow

You don't to have that done prior to the course. Cpr can be taken with blue cross. We have a guy who works in the local EMS do the cpr first aid class for us.

For the aerial rescue you need someone to sign off on a sheet that you performed a mock rescue. They teach you how to do this in the class. Very easy to do with a bucket.

You don't to have that done prior to the course. Cpr can be taken with blue cross. We have a guy who works in the local EMS do the cpr first aid class for us.

For the aerial rescue you need someone to sign off on a sheet that you performed a mock rescue. They teach you how to do this in the class. Very easy to do with a bucket.
to complete the course they say its required, I guess it doesnt have to be before the course if im reading correctly?

one more question, I know, I should revisit this in the morning with some coffee since im half asleep
this workshop is free, on the TCIA EHAP program page its $141 (im not a member so its more)
makes me wonder the difference, is one just a safety meeting type of deal that is going to take half a day (9am-3pm) or is it the same thing just over a zoom meeting?

https://www.tcia.org/TCIA/Education...ram/Electrical_Hazards_Awareness_Program.aspx

one more question, I know, I should revisit this in the morning with some coffee since im half asleep
this workshop is free, on the TCIA EHAP program page its $141 (im not a member so its more)
makes me wonder the difference, is one just a safety meeting type of deal that is going to take half a day (9am-3pm) or is it the same thing just over a zoom meeting?

https://www.tcia.org/TCIA/Education...ram/Electrical_Hazards_Awareness_Program.aspx
I think it's the bona-fide class. Might be slightly abbreviated but it appears to be able to get you your ehap cert.

Even if you don't take the test for the cert it's really good info to know and can save your life. There are several other free class that include chipper and chainsaw safety as well as aerial lift.

I plan to take all of them as they come, trying to do things legit, I ran through half a printer ink cartridge printing ISA stuff, found a free copy of Z133-2017 so im happy
does make me question why the one that takes up 6 hours of some guys time is free but the computer test that only takes my time cost so much, but hey its free and I need to get my CPR certification anyhow so no reason not to

I've been EHAP certified for many years now. This was the first time it's been offered for free online... it was a little confusing to navigate at first but ultimately legitimate. I already had cpr first aid certification and had instructed this course last year for the company I work for. Boss signed off on aerial rescue documentation. I did everything online with my smartphone....much easier,cheaper and safer"with covid" than before...

yep
anything specific about it, can an employer provide the training or is it required that a third party does it?
taking the CPR training and firstaid stuff right now, if the rescue training can be done by an employer than I will go do it tomorrow
As long as you have a video of the rescue done properly you are good. You just need a person to rescue.

As long as you have a video of the rescue done properly you are good. You just need a person to rescue.
Ok, I will break out the old gopro

I did find the section on the tcia page to upload your cpr cert and aerial rescue sign off, I'd have to go look for it tho, I ended up about 40 websites deep into it last night

My employer just signed off on my aerial rescue, no video required. For groundmen, we did aerial rescue training in a bucket truck scenario and property assisting a climbing rescue....

The TCIA ehap online seminar is hosted by brightspace. You've got to register with them and sign up for the next available course where you'll have to watch the instructional seminar then complete the tests...

I plan to take all of them as they come, trying to do things legit, I ran through half a printer ink cartridge printing ISA stuff, found a free copy of Z133-2017 so im happy
does make me question why the one that takes up 6 hours of some guys time is free but the computer test that only takes my time cost so much, but hey its free and I need to get my CPR certification anyhow so no reason not to
TCIA gets grants sometimes to cover the workshops...my guess is the applied for, and were awarded a grant to host this specific event. But they want to continue to offer EHAP training even when there isn't grant funding, so they need to have paid registration for those classes.

TCIA gets grants sometimes to cover the workshops...my guess is the applied for, and were awarded a grant to host this specific event. But they want to continue to offer EHAP training even when there isn't grant funding, so they need to have paid registration for those classes.
didnt think of that

I think you can get that CPR cert online , look. The Aerial rescue can be videoed and sent in. Not as complicated as it seems.
so, did my aerial rescue portion (didnt even get video, just signed the paper and sent a picture of it and they accepted it)
now onto CPR certification, OSHA doesnt accept "online courses" for CPR/firstaid training, I am asking the guy running my EHAP course about weather or not TCIA does
looking at it and Redcross does online CPR courses for $37, would it be better off just taking a day off work and going to do it in person?

so, did my aerial rescue portion (didnt even get video, just signed the paper and sent a picture of it and they accepted it)
now onto CPR certification, OSHA doesnt accept "online courses" for CPR/firstaid training, I am asking the guy running my EHAP course about weather or not TCIA does
looking at it and Redcross does online CPR courses for $37, would it be better off just taking a day off work and going to do it in person?
In person for sure is better do that if you can.

Latest posts

Back