Free EHAP workshops with TCIA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, did my aerial rescue portion (didnt even get video, just signed the paper and sent a picture of it and they accepted it)
now onto CPR certification, OSHA doesnt accept "online courses" for CPR/firstaid training, I am asking the guy running my EHAP course about weather or not TCIA does
looking at it and Redcross does online CPR courses for $37, would it be better off just taking a day off work and going to do it in person?

We take days off to do training like that. I buy lunch for the crew. It's a morale booster.

If you haven't done it before it's best to do in person and practice on one of their dummies. Ideally, your whole team should get ehap.

We take days off to do training like that. I buy lunch for the crew. It's a morale booster.

If you haven't done it before it's best to do in person and practice on one of their dummies. Ideally, your whole team should get ehap.
do you guys have redcross come out and do a training day? I should probably schedule something twice a year with Aerial rescue, chipper and bucket operation and setup, running saws and ropes, etc
maybe some climbing competition type stuff for fun

do you guys have redcross come out and do a training day? I should probably schedule something twice a year with Aerial rescue, chipper and bucket operation and setup, running saws and ropes, etc
maybe some climbing competition type stuff for fun
There is a guy from my church who runs the local ER and teaches it on the side. I paid him for the day to teach us. Maybe call your local EMS people and see if anyone there does it.

For the other safety classes, TCIA online classes are a good way to go. The way we do it most of the time is that each guy is required to do it on his own so it doesn't goof up our work schedule. But once they get their certificate I pay them a set amount of hours for the class. I think I paid them 8 hrs each for the EHAP. It's great to do on unplanned rainy days- that way it gives them something to do and doesn't contribute for overtime on an otherwise busy week.

We also take classes from 360training.com, which was really good for the OSHA 10.

Our local hospital offers free CPR trainings to groups. (I joke it is because they loose a lot of $ if a someone dies before they can treat them...)

If you don't have enough employees within your company, see if there are other small businesses who want to join along. Doesn't have to be other trees care folks ...

update for anyone just seeing this
the quiz is 175 questions, multiple choice, 6 chapters and each one you get 4 tries, there is a pre test prior to the zoom meeting, then a 6 hour zoom meeting
about 80% was stuff I already knew, but there was some new stuff, brush up on your electrical grid component names, and ask questions
the zoom meeting I did was a Q&A/webinar, we did about 20 minutes at a time with the meeting then a 5 minute break, mine went from 9am to 1pm, was faster than normal since we voted to skip lunch
you go over hot sticks, climbing and tie in points to swing away from wires, climbing the oposite side from the wires, how to cut and rig so as to not hit the wires, step potential, how many amps it takes to stop the heart, about as much as you can cram into 6 hours really
you do have to sign off saying you did an aerial rescue, and also you get a form to print out for your employer to sign off with a date of training and showing competency as training (TCIA does not certify you, they train you, your employer must certify you)
all in all something that can be completed in a day
10/10 would recommend, even if you arent going to work near wires on the daily, we all do trees that are sketchy enough with wires even 20-30ft away

Latest posts

Back