Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted wood for burning in Richmond VA area

Hi there,
Wondering if anyone in Richmond, VA area (Henrico, New Kent, Charles City, etc) has hard woods (Oak, Maple) to get rid of. I have space to leave it at. PM me, thanks
Noah

Hey guys...this is a great thread and should go on forever....I may know a way of keeping it simple though. I help moderate the IHRegistry site for cub cadets, we have a map that shows the locations and townships of all the folks in the US. It has little push pin icons for everyone listed....you can click on one in your area and it brings up the persons name and addy. Might be easy here too do that if someone can get this too the head honcho's here...they might look into it. I think it would really simplify things . The map deal is called "frapper".
Hmmm....just a thought!.

I'm lucky I live in WV and we're full of hardwoods everywhere ya look.....free firewood is abundant about anywhere here....lots of logging going on all the time, and I live in town so there's always trees getting cleared for new developments and such. I help take care of a 100 acre farm and get all my firewood there....we're full of dead standing sassafrass and black oak in a couple areas where I can cut for the next 10 years without missing any!. Got a whole poor man's operation set up......lots of rigging, 4 cub cadet small tractors, one with a nice 10,000 lb. braden winch rig behind it and an economy power king tractor...several small trailers....huge log splitter (Brutus), some trucks and big trailers.....a late 1800's flat belt driven buzz saw rig that we run from the back of one of the cub cadets......a lots of other toys too. We have a lot of fun on the weekends with firewooding!. Great comaradery and did I mention our cabin up there also?.......right in the middle of the woods......we usually throw a deer roast with taters, carrots and such on the stove and go out and cut, by noon, we EAT!!!

Free Fire Wood

Still Lookin for some good firewood.. dumdum hus. keeps tryin to burn
green wood.:censored: .. shoot, i can't even find any to buy that's split and ready to burn in my area.. :cry:
Pleasant Prairie, Wis.

thanks

PM me if ya know of anything..

and, thanks for the Happy Birthday email !!!:cheers:

Hey guys...this is a great thread and should go on forever....I may know a way of keeping it simple though. I help moderate the IHRegistry site for cub cadets, we have a map that shows the locations and townships of all the folks in the US. It has little push pin icons for everyone listed....you can click on one in your area and it brings up the persons name and addy. Might be easy here too do that if someone can get this too the head honcho's here...they might look into it. I think it would really simplify things . The map deal is called "frapper".
Hmmm....just a thought!.

I'm lucky I live in WV and we're full of hardwoods everywhere ya look.....free firewood is abundant about anywhere here....lots of logging going on all the time, and I live in town so there's always trees getting cleared for new developments and such. I help take care of a 100 acre farm and get all my firewood there....we're full of dead standing sassafrass and black oak in a couple areas where I can cut for the next 10 years without missing any!. Got a whole poor man's operation set up......lots of rigging, 4 cub cadet small tractors, one with a nice 10,000 lb. braden winch rig behind it and an economy power king tractor...several small trailers....huge log splitter (Brutus), some trucks and big trailers.....a late 1800's flat belt driven buzz saw rig that we run from the back of one of the cub cadets......a lots of other toys too. We have a lot of fun on the weekends with firewooding!. Great comaradery and did I mention our cabin up there also?.......right in the middle of the woods......we usually throw a deer roast with taters, carrots and such on the stove and go out and cut, by noon, we EAT!!!

WOW~~~~ you are lucky.. sounds like yall have a good time..
:hmm3grin2orange:

good eats too..rather have a hog tho.. don't like to look at Bambi's face
while its cookin..:cry:

:help:
looking for anyone who knows or heard of of Choppers Tree Service
in Denver, Co ...
need to find Mr.Old Man Chopper himself ...
Put a APB on that guy...Please :greenchainsaw:

tell em Lassie is lookin for em

thanks~
:greenchainsaw:

sorry for getting off topic, i just happen to see a poster from the Denver area..

Still no Hits on Chopper.. no Denver Co. folks out there ?

Choppers Tree Service---Denver , Co.

no one has ever heard of them ? they been in business for along time..
really need to get intouch with old man Chopper !

tell him that

Gunnar's Tree Service is looking for him...

Hmmm....just a thought!.

Maybe if the company offered to sponsor with the softwear to discount the price of the sponsorship?

Still Lookin for some good firewood.. dumdum hus. keeps tryin to burn
green wood.:censored: .. shoot, i can't even find any to buy that's split and ready to burn in my area.. :cry:
Pleasant Prairie, Wis.

I could get you a cord or two, but the trip-charge would need to be added for the drive. My map program is showing me it is around 34 miles to 165 exit.

Cured wood is going for $300 a cord right now. more then 2 cords would spread out the extra trip charge.

Always looking for wood here if anyone is near Carlisle, PA

Wanted free firewood log lenth 12 ft long N.J.

Looking for free firewood logs 12 ft long can haul 2 cords at a time prefer all hardwood also will pay for grapple loads or dump truck load delivered to my yard in Cape May County Upper Twp.:chainsaw:

Omaha

Always watching for firewood. We have a new stove being installed so starting to watch for next year. Willing to make a deal but free is nice. I have a saw and 1 ton van. Weekends best time for me to pick-up but can work evenings as well. Let me know:)
[email protected]
Thanks in advance.
Stephie

I'm looking in Central Illinois. I'm just North of Peoria. Anybody need any deadfall cleaned out or just general clearing, let me know.

Matt

Fairfield or New Haven counties--CT.

always looking for wood p/u or delivered for cash.
located in Shelton,CT.

Thanks

Always on the lookout for any kind of wood for my owb.I am near Crawfordsville Indiana and have a big barn lot if there was a need to drop logs from a tree co. of course I would be happy to cut as well. Thanks

C.B.

Last edited:
I am a new tree service (1+ year). My 1.1 acre lot is filling up. I try to convince homeowners to keep there wood or give it away, at least until I get more land.

If you are in CT, especially around Hebron, email me and I will put you on a list to pick up free wood from our jobs, when it is available. We may be cut to 18" length or 6' logs (cut yourself), depending on how much time we have. Usually 6' logs.

As someone else in this thread said, if it hits our trailer, then its not free, unless its pine (for those with an outdoor furnace). Just want to get rid of it.

Thanks,

John
email: [email protected]

Back