Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NC Firewood

NC Firewood

ArboristSite Member
Looking for Hardwoods in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina. Have the ability to pick-up, also have fenced in woodlot to dump debris if needed. Thank you.

benhemp

benhemp

looking for hardwoods in Dutchess or Columbia County, NY

needed for home heating . . . will come get it . . . willing to fell trees in the right circumstances . . . contact me by email to bhempel_AT_yahoo.com (change "_AT_" to "@")

Marc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Anyone with hardwood logs that can be delivered in the southern/central Mass, southern Worcester county area or NE Conn, I'd take em off your hands... old or green. I've got the space and the overhead clearance to offload... Dudley, MA. PM please, if available.

Would also fell trees small to moderate size (under 32" DBH) with no electric line or strucutre interferences and take the wood... wouldn't be able to do so until summer or fall though...

Thanks.

Last edited:
jasoutside

jasoutside

ArboristSite Member
Anybody have chips???

Howdy, I'll take any wood chips you have. Dump em and drive away! I'll drive within reason if you can load me.

I am located on the SW side of Midland.

I don't necessarily need wood but I'll also take any trees you have. Soft, hard, log length, rounds, whatever.

[email protected]

Cheers!

poulson01

poulson01

ArboristSite Operative
I'm in Warwick NY 10990. Anyone in the area can dump wood here. Hard, soft, logs, blocks, whatever. PM me. 18 wheelers, no problem.

strongback

strongback

ArboristSite Operative
Will work for wood.

Looking to develop a firewood partnership with someone within an hour or so of the Virginia Beach, Virginia area. Have saw will travel. Looking for a few cords of wood for personal use this coming winter but would gladly pay by the load if you've got a large/regular enough supply for me to cut/split/sell a few cords on a fairly regular basis. I don't have room where I live to take a lot of branches and junk so a dump load would have to be relatively clean but provided it's mostly logs of whatever length we could work that out too. I can't make anyone rich but if your willing to barter for labor or the services of my party equipment rental company I'm sure we could work out an equitable deal.

S/F
Tony
MOLON LABE

dbol

ArboristSite Lurker
I found a good bit if anyone in southwest PA is interested. This is my first post here so I thought it would be a good one.

LNG24

LNG24

ArboristSite Operative
Southern Dutchess County, NY (Log Lengths Wanted)

I am located in Souther Dutchess (zip is 12540) I am looking for any hardwood, Log Lengths or Logs, but they need to be delivered. Will pay for Large Loads (4+ Cords)

Easy in and out with truck of any size.

strongback

strongback

ArboristSite Operative
I took the advice of some posters on this forum and called some tree service companies in my area (Virginia Beach) I only made it to the fourth one before they agreed to come dump a truckload in my driveway. A week later I saw another service working across the street from my house and when I approached them they were very agreeable to bringing me wood. The next day they dumped about 2 chords of oak (downed tree nearly seasoned) and maple (green) in my driveway and the day after that, they dumped about two chords more while I was out running errands. It may not work in all areas but I'd definitely suggest taking the 15 or 20 minutes it takes to go through the local tree service listings and make a few calls.

I started the calls by asking if they sold firewood and then when they said no I asked them if they ever gave away wood. Of the five I talked to the first two said they didn't do either the third said they did give it away but already had an arrangement with someone and the last two said "What's your address?" ,"Are you sure you know what your asking for?" and "how much can you take?".

I get excited about free anything, and with heating oil prices in this area already at $3.75 I'm extra happy that I've already got enough wood to heat my house next winter. :clap: I hope some of you can have the same luck.

2FatGuys

2FatGuys

ArboristSite Guru
I took the advice of some posters on this forum and called some tree service companies in my area (Virginia Beach) I only made it to the fourth one before they agreed to come dump a truckload in my driveway. A week later I saw another service....

At the risk of sounding like my 10 year old: "I told you so... I told you so...." With the recent tornados here in NC, there is an almost unlimited supply for FREE for those willing to make the phone calls. Just today, I "brokered" the logs and tops from (3) 80' tulip poplars. I don't burn poplar (why should I when I can get GOOD wood?), but I have friends who do.

justme_56353

justme_56353

ArboristSite Lurker
new to thread hello to all

hi
hate to use this as my first post but we are a family by milaca mn have a old farm house on 5 acres and propane is killing us every winter so we bought a outside wood boiler will buy what we have to but we are trying to get ANY free hardwood to help heat our house "not to sell' have a chainsaw and a pickup and trailer. if you have any you dont want we would try to pickup anywhere close to us. again wanted to say hi to everyone. :cheers:
randy
[email protected]

blackdogon57

blackdogon57

Addicted to ArboristSite
Boiler wood

hi
hate to use this as my first post but we are a family by milaca mn have a old farm house on 5 acres and propane is killing us every winter so we bought a outside wood boiler will buy what we have to but we are trying to get ANY free hardwood to help heat our house "not to sell' have a chainsaw and a pickup and trailer. if you have any you dont want we would try to pickup anywhere close to us. again wanted to say hi to everyone. :cheers:
randy
[email protected]

You might want to check with local firewood dealers. All I burn in my OWF is log ends and portions of logs that are not worth it for me to cut and split due to large size or degree of rot. At times when I am processing a lot of wood it is easier for me to give away this type of wood than to move it for later use. It may not be the best looking wood sometimes but it makes great furnace fuel.