Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I may have only posted a couple times, I have not disappeared. I actually read this website on daily basis. I am simply a home owner who is now trying to heat with wood. I have used a chainsaw over my life for clean ups and dropping the occasion tree. But now, with 3 acres of overgrown woods, a new insert in the fireplace I am using the chainsaw weekly.

This forum has been valuable to me in many ways and I find new information daily on here. Why do I not post more? Because I am still learning and I usually find the answer to my question by searching....

ps...still looking for free wood!:)

Ditto here. New to the list but learning every day. With hubby sick I have to just 'jump in' and learn the ropes. What can I contribute you may ask? A willingness to learn (like a willingness learning how to repair our log splitter....). :)

I think that most of us who are new discovered the site looking for which wood to burn or where to find wood that is not $300 a cord which seems to be the average here in CT. Certainly not trying to offend anyone by "begging" for wood. Just trying to keep our family warm this winter. As far as not contributing, I read and contribute what I can, but most people here seem to know a lot more than I do. Hope that doesn't offend:confused:

I wasn't seeing a connection. I think it is a great idea to have this as a sticky so it stays at the top of the list. It keeps it from being burried in a few hours or days too.

I'd post here to if I was going to be short for the winter. Don't sweat it !

Keep asking, that's what the thread is for.

We DO like to hear back occasionally on successful hookups. It lets the readership know that this thread is working as intended.

I have scored a few truck loads from members here over the last couple years. Unfortunately, I've missed out on a few too because I couldn't get myself where the wood was when it was there, not because it wasn't available. To get the free stuff one has to be able to work with the guys who are in business and understand that time=$$$. If you make it too complicated for them, it gets harder for them to work with you.

Just got a nice load of wood from a great guy! We paid a fair price for gas/time for him to bring it over to us. Good amount of Ash that we'll burn this year and the rest red maple-I know it doesn't burn the hottest, but if we used it in the fall/spring it should be great for us. Hopefully we can get some hickory or oak for the colder parts of the winter. Here's a couple pics!
Sep-Oct2008264.jpg

Sep-Oct2008263.jpg

Here's what we already have ready for this winter-an ok start:
Sep-Oct2008265.jpg

This guy protects our wood when our real dogs are resting:
Sep-Oct2008266.jpg

Last edited:
Free Wood

I cant believe this! Its too good to be true, all this wood going for free?, all you young guys should be jumpin all over this! Do you realize it takes no time to fill up the back of your truck with a load of saleable wood, its everywhere I can hardly sleep at night if there was wood leftover, like even the little pieces that are curvy and have lil nubs on them and stuff, it all burns. We might set up a wood boutique for different vendors just outside the small country store, we may bag it for convenience. The young lads love it, they can stretch out a chord, if you know what i mean. Bring on all the wood you can and keep track of what you have, I have noticed the piles shrink before, but thats cause it shrinks naturally, not because some lazy sob stole it.:greenchainsaw: YA MON !

Brand new to the site, and I'll try to contribute in the future but my need now is wood for the 09-10 winter. I'm lived in Chicago with my wife and son, but we've decided to move back near family with another one on the way. My father has a wood lot, but it's only enough for him and I don't want to impose.

I'm north of Pittsburgh, PA. Have F150 4x4, but only a 5.5 bed to fill, will pickup .

Thanks in advance and I appreciate all the info I'll learn from th site.

Log Lenghts Wanted: Wappingers Falls, NY 12590

I can take firewood or log lenghts. Easy site to dump deliver or boom off.

I am located in Wappingers Falls, NY 12590. Open to taking wood all year! I can use 5-7 cords worth. If you bring more, I will donate it.

FYI: The request for Firewood in Mohegan Lake is not for me, but for a friends sister.

wood needed

Looking for free wood, have saw and dump trailer, log lengths or split, would also entertain cash sale
I am located 20minutes from harrisburg pennsylvania in Marysville Pa.
thanks so much
what a great website
please email [email protected]

Done poking me with that sharp stick? If so, you can drop trou and squat on it for the rest of the evening, compliments of me.

Ian

A big thanks to John Sanborn, and fireman for keeping me busy with wood during the 13 months since I first posted in this thread.

Yesterday I went in for a 30"dbh silver maple removal, solid tree. The rounds that needed to be moved by dolly just about filled the surface of the 20' trailer I had, and the rest filled 2/3 of my 7x12 F350 dumping flatbed.

While I was cutting it up, a passerby asked the bystander if I had a card, too bad they didn't get my attention, might have been an opportunity for a money job.

As it turns out though, the phone rang today with another offer of logs to be removed, in the same area, just have to go take a look to scope out the lay of the land.

Now I just have to remember the rake, shovel, broom, garbage can, to clean up my mess before I leave the jobsite. I'm usually cutting where a mess makes no matter, so adding these other tools to truck will take some getting used to.

Last edited:
Firewood needed

Any one in the Washington, PA area looking for a place to get rid of logs, let me know. My source over the last few years bailed on me and I really need firewood. You can dump on my property, or I can come and get it. Send me an e-mail, [email protected], or PM me.

Thanks - Joe :greenchainsaw:

Anyone working in or around Alamance County or Burlington, NC that needs a place to dump logs can contact me at 336-506-1300. We have a very easy place to access and dump logs. Thanks

Back