Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poulson01

poulson01

ArboristSite Operative
Easy access

Just reminding anyone in the Northern Jersey area that I'm taking everything and anything. We burn it all. I'm just down the hill from West Milford (Warwick turnpike) so driving in NY isn't really an issue. I know we're ball busters up here about weight/axles etc. Easy access for tri-axles or tractor trailers. I have a tractor with forks. Also, I can pick up within reason. I have a couple guys and a mason dump. I can also come get 10' logs with a single axle Mack dump if you can load with an excavator and thumb etc.

jhnjeit

jhnjeit

ArboristSite Lurker
I'm in yardley, pa and I have scored a truckload or 3 from members here over the years, thanks to all who contribute. always looking for firewood to feed the wood stove!

Illinibrew

Illinibrew

ArboristSite Lurker
Is there a free wood season?

I am both a new homeowner and wood scavenger. I live in Northern Westchester County NY, about an hour from NYC. I get that anytime wood falls and permission is granted my saw should be ready. Beyond that, is there a consistent season I should expect tree guys to be dropping more trees than usual?

2 split 4

2 split 4

Still wanting wood. We live about 35 miles from Peoria and 30 miles from Bloomington, IL. Winter seems to be getting longer so we need lots of wood. We have a Classic woodburner-love it. We were using an old horizontal logsplitter but finally got smart and purchased a horizontal/vertical 26 ton Husky. But still looking for free wood!!!

LNG24

LNG24

ArboristSite Operative
I am both a new homeowner and wood scavenger. I live in Northern Westchester County NY, about an hour from NYC. I get that anytime wood falls and permission is granted my saw should be ready. Beyond that, is there a consistent season I should expect tree guys to be dropping more trees than usual?

Hi Illinibrew: Northern Westchester huh, around Yorktown at all? Thats my neck of the woods.

magna19

magna19

ArboristSite Member
ifyou need a place to dump chips or pine logs or any other wood i have a place just outside of jermyn which i push the chips and pine over the bank and burn the hardwood in my stove for heat.the ones dumping bring me the occasional load of logs cut to 18-20" for dumping over the bank now.the chips make great mulch when they rot.

woody49705

woody49705

ArboristSite Lurker
tylerjwitte16

tylerjwitte16

Looking for Free Wood

Im a home owner in Mt holly NJ 08060 Im looking for free fire wood. I will pick it up so for all you tree service people in Mt holly area within 1 hr of driving plz contact me. I have a pick and trailer and will pick the wood up myself. No labor to you.

MrDrift

MrDrift

ArboristSite Lurker
SE Michigan area.

If anyone is looking to get rid of some hardwood in SE Michigan (Lake Orion), I have a good size plot of land for you to drop off. Will take any hardwoods, I heat mainly with Ash dropped off over the last few years to my Neighbor, but looking for my own source now. Thank you!

Nailgunner

Nailgunner

ArboristSite Operative
Any combustible wood taken near Herefordshire, England. I mean anything, standing trees, blowdowns, furniture, pallets, window frames, doors, deadwood, offcuts, anything. I'm freezing here, my dog cries 'cos it's so damn cold. PM me with wood offers, or I'll be forced to solve one problem with another and put my dog on the fire. Thank you :)