Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Im looking for firewood in the central ny area. I can pick up or will pay a small fee for drop off. It can be in any form and just about any species.
Thanks, Sean

Any seasoned firewood

I'm looking for any seasoned firewood, doesn't need to be split, doesn't need to be pretty. Doesn't need to be hardwood. I need it for this winter, though. I have no issues with pine, poplar, or other unpopular species. I can pick up, but only about 1500lbs at a time (small trailer). I'd prefer cut on 2ft + diameter, as I'm not that good yet...first season with a chainsaw.

I'm going to need 5 cords this winter, I figure...and I have about one so far. I'll take what I can get. :) We just moved into a cabin in August, and I didn't know I was going to have to rely on our wood stoves for heat until the wife fell in love with cabins. We were in a townhouse previously. Not exactly prepared. :dizzy:

I'm near Lucketts, VA, north of Leesburg. I will drive up to an hour to get wood, as long as I can fill the trailer (I will even make multiple trips).

firewood

Double Oak, located north of Dallas and south of Denton.

Recently converted our gas fireplace into wood burning so seasoned would be great.

Our son brings kids over from church so we have a lot of bonfires. Junk wood is fine.

For both, in the long run, or log run, beggers can't be choosy so hit me up.

Free firewood ohio

I'm in the Garfield Hts., Bedford area. I'm interested in any wood. I can pick up with my trailer or you can dump in my driveway anytime. Email me at [email protected].:cheers:

Redhot,
Don't know exactly where you're at but I can fill your trailer up with
large but cut wood in Clermont County. It's in 45103, and although
it's been down and cut for about 6 months, I think it's Elm.

willis09r, I am up by Cleveland. I appreciate the response, but 4 hours is a little far to pick up a load of wood. Thanks.:greenchainsaw:

any wood you've got

I've got a OWB so i'll burn just about anything. I'm in the Hammondsport,NY are. Give me a shout if it's close.

:givebeer:

Will haul or cut any hardwoods within a fairly reasonable distance from my home between Altoona and Bedford, PA. In Pittsburgh throughout the week, so I am interested in anything around there as well.

RE; Free Firewood

Will cut & remove any hardwoods in the Mpls metro area. Happy to leave you some cut/split wood. We use the wood to heat our home, we are not re-sellers. Just a couple of nice guys with families who have been cutting our own wood for years. Can drop trees as long as we can't hit anything with them! email us at [email protected].

Looking for free firewood in Western Pa area. I live in north beaver county on the lawrence county line. Willing to cut. It might be tricky becuase if that new law about taking wood across county lines becuase of the beatles. Im not sure what counties have that ban but I dont think beaver or lawrence does. Just looking for a cord or so to burn in the fireplace at home some nice winter night heat, nothing major. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks

Need wood - Central Mass

Anyone in the Central Mass area (auburn) looking to get rid of some wood? I'd love to take it off your hands and pay you for your time if you can deliver it. Thanks : )

I see plenty of requests for free wood here. Might I suggest calling around to the local tree services. That is what I do and I get way more offers for free logs for using for firewood or having milled for lumber than I can handle. Another suggestion is to watch craigslist in the free section for people who are having trees cut down that are giving the wood away.

I live in Windsor, CT and would accept any firewood anyone's looking to get rid of...I'm trying to get ahead so I can have well-seasoned wood, and I'm not afraid to burn pine...

Here's a link to my email address: http://scr.im/jonf

I could use some firewood in Telford, PA

Would love to talk to anyone in the area that needs to offload some firewood. I have been out of work for over a year and am trying to make ends meet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
God bless.

ATTN Tree Co's in NE. OHIO.....

We will pick up at your jobsite any wood that is bucked to firewood length, and YES....WE WILL TAKE PINE, and also have 2 drop sites in Clinton, OH, and Green OH, if you are working in the area.....

Send private message for details...Thanks!

My neighbor and I both have wood stoves, and heat our houses with wood. Between the two of us, we need about 17 cords of wood a year. We live in Medway, MA. If anyone has tree length logs (hardwood of any kind) and can deliver it, we will pay for your time and efforts. We have a large landing where you can just drop it, without worrying about messing up a lawn (it is a clearing in the woods).

Thanks

Free wood

Looking for free hardwoods in Milwaukee,WI area. We are just starting to heat the home with our Quad insert. I'm willing to add a little labor in for a good score of wood. I'll also toss in a case of beer to the crew.
Thanks,
Mark
:givebeer:

ATTN: Long Island tree co's

I'm in North Babylon NY 11703. I can take a truck load or two of hardwood and
I will cut to length or I can pick up 17" or 34" logs depending on how big
around.

Thanks
Chris [email protected]

Back