Free saw thread what yal got

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfire

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
thought i would start a new thread on what sawz we all have been givin for free. we all like to hear what people get for free.
me recently got a pro mac 610. she came with three air filters.two :censored: 24" safety chains. runs good for as how old she is. overall clean for 28 years old was well taken care of . has factory dual dawgs on her .forgot these things are are built like a tank:dizzy: like most people CAD is contagious. sawz follow me home all the time. mostly homeowner junk:clap:

I got an old mac 2.3 and a pioneer 3200. Both are missing some parts, but I did get the pioneer to start and run after putting some gas in the carb...it just needs a carb kit and bar & chain. The mac needs the right hand side cover and bar and chain, it has great compression @150psi! Both will be runner in the near future. :greenchainsaw:

I got two 358.something Craftsmans (Pull-ons) when I worked at Sears years ago, and a buddy gave me my little Mac 110 top handle, his dad gave it to him and he was like "What the hell do I need a chainsaw for?"

I should take the bar off of it and use it as a massager, I'm sure it would get the knots out of my back in a hurry! If you set it down idling on concrete, you better have your running shoes on to catch it! hahaha:chainsaw: It does cut fine for a little guy though!

Well been a few years ago now, but is the only saw I have gotten free so far. A brand new John Deere CS36 that my wife won me as a door prize. I used it this weekend for my limbing saw while cutting up trees for my dad(great little saw and free makes it even better). I would buy another if I had to.

Pair of non-operational Mac 10-10s. (One bacame an organ donor so the other might live. :) )

Homelites: 240 & XL

Jred 2036 (my least fave but the price was right)

Most recently got a newer Mac - a 3038 for $20, low hours. Came with about $20 worth of bar oil, mix, and a spare chain. So basically free. Keep it behind the seat in my truck just so I have a saw on me but won't get too pi$$ed if it gets swiped in a break in.

My saws are.....

Poulan 2050 14" bar (i can't really complain-no problems in 10 years)
Echo-CS-305-14" bar (beauty little saw)
Echo-CS-341-16" bar (love it like a child and screams like one too !)
Husky-55-Rancher-20" bar ( good machine-gobs of torque)
Homelite-???-16" bar (Don't know the model but it's old and it was free, works good-sounds even better !)

CS-305 was bought for $80 at Homedepot brandnew !!! Rest of the stuff was bought at REAL DEALERS who know their stuff.:greenchainsaw:

Free Saws I have gotten and don't have any more are...

Stihl-028 (hated it with a passion)
Stihl-036 (i think that's what it was called) (was beat up bad when it got it but she was a good girl never let me down).

The only saw I own right now that I paid money for is my Stihl 044... all the Homelites, McCullochs and others were freebies...

Gary
I'm with you Gary I've got almost 60 saws, the only one I ever paid money for
was $75 for the Merc/Diss, complete with military shipping crate.
CSW

here are the ones i got for free--

stihl 076
stihl 025
homelite 330
mac 10-10

they all needed something of course

I have had lots of others darn close to free though:)

A ehco i think it could scramble eggs to .smallest saw i ever owned went in
the trash can .
Another small craftsman needed the pull rope replaced it gave it to my brother
inlaw ran the saw with chain on backwards and motor oil for mix.and then
asked if i had a better one his trees were to hard for that saw

A pullon ran with fresh gas gave it to a buddy i dont know the model but
is a very good cutting saw he has cut about 3 cords a year for 4 years.

These were before my cad got to the point it is now.

here are the ones i got for free--

stihl 076
stihl 025
homelite 330
mac 10-10

Your free list looks similar to mine

mac 10-10 (ran fine till it dropped a little end - in pieces)
mac 480 (retapped thread hole on exhaust and replaced with oversize bolt- runs really well)
homelite 340 (fresh gas and it ran - hardly used)
stihl 009 (needs new reed valve)
stihl 066 (stuck ring, turned into a BBB project - running well)

The only saw I paid for was my 076 which I use on my mill - see link in sig.

Last edited:
my list isn't too long mine are the wildthing, craftsman2.3, the geardrive the same guy gave me all 3 plus a ryobi 4stroke trimmer, with the tiller attachment, and an edger best of all everything runs

Latest posts

Back