Free Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikedSupra

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I worked out a great deal with my father. I told him I needed more climbing and cutting practice so I offered to do all of his palms around his house for free. He graciously accepted but also wanted to do something for me to help me get my business started so he said that if I did all of his palms that he would give me his chainsaw! I am unsure of the model number but it's a Poulan and he paid 329.99 for it new. It cant hurt to get a free saw regardless. I have used it before and it works great. It only needs a new bar, chain, and sprocket and it will be in perfect shape.

What are you saying Newfie? You wouldnt spend an HR Thinning Palms for a poulan or When he gets a few jobs he's going to spend time trying to get the pullon Running? :D

Geez, Rodney, I was actually referring to the JPS comment about sweat equity.:D

As for Pullin's, I had never heard of that til I came to this forum. In my parts they call them POOH-lans, probably the french canadians. Is this because they are hard to start? In my not so long ago pre-husky days I had a couple of Poulans P.O.S. of the Home Depot/ Walmart ilk. I could always start them on the second pull, but they didn't like to idle for more than 30 seconds
:angry: . So I guess I was always pullin' to restart them, first pull though.

For a little bit of sweat, a running saw is a running saw, especially when starting out.

Latest posts

Back