Freebies from the local park

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Where I live there's a park that will put logs from downed trees in a designated parking area that doesn't get much use. There, local residents are allowed to cut and process the wood for their own use. Over the years I've gotten many a cord. Here's the latest offering... Very few people make use of this windfall of firewood I'm sad to say as it would be nice to have someone to cut with occasionally. Whenever I'm there I'm always by myself cutting and splitting. Today's offering was large sections of a couple of grand old oaks. As always be safe out there folks.:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:DSC00266.JPG DSC00260.JPG DSC00262.JPG DSC00264.JPG

The next city over does the same thing except I've found a considerable amount of steel in the wood, and once ruined all the chains that I brought with me on a concrete filled Maple.

Good score!!

Pretty sure if that was done around here it would be gone nearly before it hit the ground. We have been pretty lucky to be logging pretty far out, but on jobs a bit closer into town people would often cut wood right out of the decks of logs!

"Well... it was just sitting there". Hmm...

'Round here the G-d lawyers and whiners make that totally impossible, unless you're quiet & really fast on your feet. DPW surely won't help at all. General-purpose scrounging and C-L scores yield better. Never know when you might get lucky. :dancing:

Latest posts

Back