Freeing a stuck bar sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can replace the tip on that bar, you dont need the whole bar, this saves quite a bit.
I wouldnt trust a rusted/seized bearing after I got it spinning. Every time I unstick a rusty bearing it flies apart shortly afterwards.

You can replace the tip on that bar, you dont need the whole bar, this saves quite a bit.
I wouldnt trust a rusted/seized bearing after I got it spinning. Every time I unstick a rusty bearing it flies apart shortly afterwards.
I have done it a few times and they held.

I’ve soaked them in diesel, that worked. I know it’s a repalceable tip bar. I’ve also never had one grenade and I’ve had some gritty ones. I’d replace it if it was worn, it’s very serviceable and the USC got the crud out after 2 20 min cycles. It’s got a new loop of rsc on it and a 10mm 044 to spin it. I did a couple full throttle blasts, down to idle and it’s like new.

Back