Fridge built in 2022 with R134

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you buy it? A big box store will take it back even if they say they won't. Put it in the truck and drive down there. Make a stink and they will take it.
This is at my house in Canada. It is a different story up there. I'm gathering the information and have been in contact with the store manager. I should have purchased with Visa Gold which provides 3 years post manf. warranty and then we could argue with them too lol.

per your comment, point is, looks like i won't ever need another one! lol... another 25? 🤞
:drinkingcoffee:
I'd find some wood to knock on pretty quick. I had a 2012 dryer apart 2 times for a belt switch, a fan belt and then it tore up clothes from a crack in plastic. The matching washer had the counterweight come loose and after I found longer bolts the transmission was trashed and it bounced for about 7 years. I had no problem with quality. What gets me hot is "warranty".

I'd find some wood to knock on pretty quick. I had a 2012 dryer apart 2 times for a belt switch, a fan belt and then it tore up clothes from a crack in plastic. The matching washer had the counterweight come loose and after I found longer bolts the transmission was trashed and it bounced for about 7 years. I had no problem with quality. What gets me hot is "warranty".
i have been fortunate, i guess! my new (back when) Jenn-air... free-standing. never had a service call on it. my sub-zero, only once for a timer. (one compressor) i changed couple timers after that. Roper-still keeps my beer cold! about 20 yrs old. no calls. a/c?... now that's another matter... lol

of course, can't preheat my Jenn-air with no apps! :rolleyes: ok, i guess to be fair, i can complain about the electronics!! the clock failed...

i put them on once. GAF i think they were! nice look when new. they din't do the time. i got a refund when it came time to replace again... went with 25 yr
If I recall the GAF warranty only covered the shingles and not labor or they would only cover the labor on the part that was damaged. In the case of a solar installation, the labor to R&I a 10KW system here is $8-9k if you can find somebody. I went with steel for an extra 2k. There's no warranty because we drilled it for the racking.

If I recall the GAF warranty only covered the shingles and not labor or they would only cover the labor on the part that was damaged. In the case of a solar installation, the labor to R&I a 10KW system here is $8-9k if you can find somebody. I went with steel for an extra 2k. There's no warranty because we drilled it for the racking.
since you bring it up, i'd have to say u are right! seems i got the warranty payback on the product only. i had no idea, the guy i hired knew and he mentioned it, so i contacted mfgr... and got around $800 or so... entire roof job was under $2500, now several later... they want upwards of $12.5K !

since you bring it up, i'd have to say u are right! seems i got the warranty payback on the product only. i had no idea, the guy i hired knew and he mentioned it, so i contacted mfgr... and got around $800 or so... entire roof job was under $2500, now several later... they want upwards of $12.5K !
There were MANY and still are MANY class action suits going on with GAF. I was raised old school, you go buy quality items that last a life time. I have mentioned the word warranty as though I look for it as a buying feature. I would rather pick up a turd in the garbage or used with low expectations and no regrets. Unfortunately, I am married and have to follow the SO's rules.

There were MANY and still are MANY class action suits going on with GAF. I was raised old school, you go buy quality items that last a life time. I have mentioned the word warranty as though I look for it as a buying feature. I would rather pick up a turd in the garbage or used with low expectations and no regrets. Unfortunately, I am married and have to follow the SO's rules.
haha, i hear ya, man! we got rules here, too... :rolleyes: but i still manage to drag in this or that i scrounge up here n there... 🤩

The appliance guy that Whirlpool sent seemed to be on the ball. He put a defrost thermistor probably $15 in and it stopped making the gurgling sounds. I'm in it for $300 now and he said to call Whirlpool who already asked for $129.
I can't blame the original tech on his diag....this guy said the same thing till he called it in. Basically an experience thing but the other guy was going to HACK my fridge and probably couldn't braze it without burning my house down...
I had one of those eureka moments when he showed me the thermistor thinking of how many pallets of dehues I'd gone through years ago....
Looking forward to my first nights sleep in 2 years without that stupid gurgling noise.

Back