Friendly Chain Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can bring my chain entry back to ya this weekend, and help swap the chains. How would you like to try them on a vintage Jonsered saw?!

3056908-2751774764-33617.jpg

Cause Stihl is german for "SLOW"

Viking-1.jpg

Amazing how some of us are trying to see how our chains felt ............. aside from how they performed !

I would love to see a stronger saw put the cutters to work and put the stock RSL in its place

Amazing how some of us are trying to see how our chains felt ............. aside from how they performed !

I would love to see a stronger saw put the cutters to work and put the stock RSL in its place
The main reason i run square is because of how it feels ,1-2 second faster i could care less about ,grabby and jumpy is though ,bucking a log it is nice to be able to bore stab it and see what way it is going to bind when it is in the air ,well big chips are cool too i guess :D

Both are smooth as a baby's butt...
As far as saw feel goes...
Not all were...
I have found i can use the same grinding wheel ,profile the wheel as close to same and still sometimes i get a dud that just don't cut right ,the chain i was cutting with all weekend was a "good one" till i hit the steel dog on my sawmill with it last night :cry: i reground it ,but my angles looked different then the ones i had ,hope i did not wreck that one ,top plate was about 20 degrees ,now it is about 25 or so ,cutters look steeper now too ,hopefully it is as good as it was

Yes... Yes I would...
You got a bar in .063 for Brian's chain? and .050 for the rest?
What day are you thinking? I could run up and help out also. Would be fun to see the different chains since I missed Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mutt 7900 is plenty strong. It's got an inboard clutch..
I may go get a 84dl bar in Stihl .063 for the 064 anyway.. Sorta need one I guess..

Latest posts

Back