Friendly Chain Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Like a strong self feed..??
Grabby is such an ugly word...
:laugh:
Yes, a very strong self feed. So in the cross-grain portion of the face, you can get some grab or jump. Definitely don't want to dog in, it'll just stall.

Now Cody T. sets up his chain at .027" on the stops with a File-O-Plate (which I'm sold on one BTW). Not as much self feed, but you can dog a face and it's smoother.

Hedgerow

Hedgerow

HACK
Yes, a very strong self feed. So in the cross-grain portion of the face, you can get some grab or jump. Definitely don't want to dog in, it'll just stall.

Now Cody T. sets up his chain at .027" on the stops with a File-O-Plate (which I'm sold on one BTW). Not as much self feed, but you can dog a face and it's smoother.
There were only a few of these chains I would dare let the dogs touch the wood with.
TRX's, mine, Mike's full comp, cobey's, and the stockers chains were dog-able... With a larger powerhead, several others would no doubt.

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
There were only a few of these chains I would dare let the dogs touch the wood with.
TRX's, mine, Mike's full comp, cobey's, and the stockers chains were dog-able... With a larger powerhead, several others would no doubt.
I ran the same chain on my 461 sat ,then on a hybrid sunday ,i could tell the difference in bog between the 2 saws with the same chain ,the 461 was happier with it ,had to use a lighter touch with the hybrid

Redhorse

Redhorse

ArboristSite Operative
Would have to be Sunday afternoon..

Any time, as long as it's before it gets dark... Takes bout 2 hours to runnem all..

I have to go back to work Sunday night, but might be able to be there from 2 to 4 in the afternoon but would have to leave at 4 sharp to make it to work.

The mutt 7900 is plenty strong. It's got an inboard clutch..
I may go get a 84dl bar in Stihl .063 for the 064 anyway.. Sorta need one I guess..
I have a brand new stihl .063 but only 72dl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts