Frozen Chipper Hydraulics?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get an exhaust hose like one at a service station designed to go through the garage door and hook it up to the truck and direct it towards the chipper.

We have hydralic booms and trucks, when it gets cold we usually run them at high idle for a minimum of 30 minutes. Works most times. If it gets real cold things make noises and do odd things!!!

open the door under the feed wheel, and chop out the frozen snot.....i don't know about other makes,, but bandit 250's do it all the time if it gets really cold,,,and all that stuff freezes up over night!!!! stops the wheels dead....

open the door under the feed wheel, and chop out the frozen snot.....i don't know about other makes,, but bandit 250's do it all the time if it gets really cold,,,and all that stuff freezes up over night!!!! stops the wheels dead....

I bet that is exactly what the problem is. The feed wheels on my morbark drum have done this once. No matter how cold it has ever been the fluid hasn't been the problem.

Had condensation in the hydraulics. Mechanic said chunks of ice were coming out when they drained the system. The cap to the hydro tank was cracked and let water in the system. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Latest posts

Back