FS: Stihl 026 - Excellent Condition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished rebuilding this 026. I have performed the following to the saw.
1. Totally disassembled, including case halves.
2. All new gaskets and seals.
3. New piston & rings. Cylinder was good.
4. Replaced the tank/handle since it had a crack in it.
5. Rebuilt carb.
6. Cleaned and painted the case with Stihl paint. Paint was baked in the over for 2 1/2 hours.
7. New 16" bar and chain, .325/.063.
8. The muffler has been modded by opening the factory holes. The screen was left intact.
9. Carb set with tach to correct RPM (14,000)

Everything is in tip-top shape. This is my first saw to sell here on the forum, but I think you can tell I've done it right. The only flaw you'll find with this saw is the the plastic is a little faded. However, there are no cracks in it. It just didn't seem realistic to replace plastic that wasn't cracked. I've taken plenty of pictures so that you can get a good idea what your buying. Believe me when I say that I'm not going to make any money on this one. I've spent too much on it making it right. Please PM me if interested. I can provide my cell# via PM if you're seriously interested. I will accept PayPal to a confirmed address only or a USPS money order. I will ship promptly as soon as I receive payment. I will not leave you hanging or ignore your emials. You check my eBay feedback under "bsnelling". I'm asking $325 + shipping. Reduced to $280 + shipping.

I have much higher resolution pics if needed.

117200989-M.jpg

117200995-M.jpg

117200997-M.jpg

117200954-M.jpg

117200972-M.jpg

117200968-M.jpg

117200959-M.jpg

117200978-M.jpg

Last edited:
What sort of muffler is on there? Do you buy them or make them??

Maybe knock it back to 13,500rpm on the rich side just incase.

Looks nice and right priced.

That's the same muffler that's on my 026 Pro as well. Factory mufflers. I simply open up the hole behind the screen to let it breath a little better. Thanks for the kind words. I'm working on a couple more saws right now. I'm finding out theres not much money in this and WHOLE LOT of time involved. I guess the important part is that I enjoy doing it.

I'll trade you for some fine imported saw parts, if you'd like. :D

In all seriousness, that is a very nice looking saw. You obviously put some time and effort into it. If I wasn't already in enough trouble for my recent saw acquisitions, I'd gladly take it off your hands at that price.

blsnelling said:
............................ I'm finding out theres not much money in this and WHOLE LOT of time involved. I guess the important part is that I enjoy doing it.

Lmao! True dat. Shipping kills.

Beautiful job on that 026. I wouldn't mind one for my line up but it's the wrong time of year for "self" purchases. Gotta go shopping tomorrow on my day off, Alas the pocket is likely to be empty tomorrow night. What are my chances the wife wants a saw for Christmas?:hmm3grin2orange:

I don't have good pictures of those saws. Let me get some pics and I'll then post the saws in new threads. They are both in excellent condition. The 026 Pro has been totally rebuilt and the 360 Pro has a new tank and top handle. The piston looks like new.

Latest posts

Back