FS80 - What should my replacement trimmer be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now now 2K the OPE industry would be a few decades behind without Kawi. :laugh:

EVERY major mower manufacturer has Kawi on board. :cheers:

2-smoker and damn proud of it. ;)

Awwwww in that case you better head to the hills, that FS100 31cc four stroker will eat that thing alive, tant no 27cc 2 stroke gonna mess with a
31 cc four stroker...........

Well Joat its like this. When Viet Nam was going full swing Walter Cronkite finally made it known he had his full of Viet Nam. LBJ told his top advisors oh my goodness we have lost Walter. Even so the war went on.

So Joat if team Stihl has lost ya so be it, you'll be in replaced in the morning, or as ole Master Tom told Chicken George in Roots, he said Chicken George I got 40 more just like ya, free market, can't beat it,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Tommie,

Joat recommends Stihl to all his friends and fellow countrymen if they get the type of dealership support and service due. As for me and my family, we are movin' on.

Blessings to all,

Joat

There is only one country, Stihl Country! Remember if ya ain't first, you're last.:hmm3grin2orange:

Brian,

I'm not the first to step off the Stihl wagon and I highly doubt I'll be the last.

And in that day, the first shall be last and the last shall be first,

Joat

Joat, save the Redmax for the small saw (psssst pick up a 3800 while you still can) trust me -->This<-- is what you want on yer back come fall. ;)

Now lest you start to think I'm deal'n in Kawasaki you should know I have one of their handheld blowers I wouldn't send to ya if ya paid me to just cause I like ya and think your a nice guy. I'm pretty sure I just got one with a bad carb but "innocent until proven guilty" doesn’t really apply to OPE now does it. :D

All of the other Kawi stuff has been top shelf and I wouldn't trade it for all the "Dream Sickles" in the world (in their class).... with that said.... you haven't experienced tall grass string trimmer bliss until you've put a bike handled FS250 through it's paces, so Stihl still has it's place in the ole line-up.

The FS410 clearing saw is a force to be reckoned with and nobody nowhere can take that away from it. :cheers:

Erick,

Well, thanks to a thirty-one day "wait", I do have some tall grass.

Joat

Awwwww in that case you better head to the hills, that FS100 31cc four stroker will eat that thing alive, tant no 27cc 2 stroke gonna mess with a
31 cc four stroker...........

Ohhh??? :bringit:

There's a saying that comes to mind.... something about not letting yer mouth write checks yer azz can't cash.... or something like that. :D

Sorry Tommy, but you and me is from the same camp ;) sept I got a few others in there with'em and I'm saying buy something we don't sell...... that ought to tell ya something. ;)

Now now 2K the OPE industry would be a few decades behind without Kawi. :laugh:

EVERY major mower manufacturer has Kawi on board. :cheers:

Kawa makes some good stuff no doubt. I'm not sure if our JD790's engine is all JD but I know our old 650 is. Our push mower is a briggs and the race mower is a briggs.:D For OPE, I trust only Stihl but as stated, it's a free market.:cheers:

Tommie,

Joat recommends Stihl to all his friends and fellow countrymen if they get the type of dealership support and service due. As for me and my family, we are movin' on.

Blessings to all,

Joat

Welp Joat drive safe, I'm not there to striaghten out your trimmer problem so not much I can do cept say good luck to ya,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Brian,

I'm not the first to step off the Stihl wagon and I highly doubt I'll be the last.

And in that day, the first shall be last and the last shall be first,

Joat

Hey, no problem. We can all get along despite brands.:D

If you Stihl have that 600 come fall, I'll take it.:drool:

There's a saying that comes to mind.... something about not letting yer mouth write checks yer azz can't cash.... or something like that. :D

It will be in your best intrest to keep that trimmer on the porch.:hmm3grin2orange: Otherwise, you will be using a 100RX from that point forward.

Sorry Tommy, but you and me is from the same camp ;) sept I got a few others in there with'em and I'm saying buy something we don't sell...... that ought to tell ya something. ;)

I'm not overloading my azz, I know a 27cc 2 stroker isn't gonna mess with a 31cc four stroker, its doesn't have near the torque nor rpms. That FS100 tops out at 10,400 rpms, tant no way that 2 stroker gonna mess with it in deep grass or any kind of grass...

I'm not overloading my azz, I know a 27cc 2 stroker isn't gonna mess with a 31cc four stroker, its doesn't have near the torque nor rpms. That FS100 tops out at 10,400 rpms, tant no way that 2 stroker gonna mess with it in deep grass or any kind of grass...

He's not cutting the grass, must be smokin' it.:smoking:

It will be in your best intrest to keep that trimmer on the porch.:hmm3grin2orange: Otherwise, you will be using a 100RX from that point forward.

Oh but I have, in that very field in the pic above and the 100 left with it's tail between it's legs..... that’s why I can say such things without fear. ;)

Truth is they are pretty close, but the Kawi was on top and the Stihl left with some boobys tattooed on it's back. :laugh:

Oh but I have, in that very field in the pic above and the 100 left with it's tail between it's legs..... that’s why I can say such things without fear. ;)

Truth is they are pretty close, but the Kawi was on top and the Stihl left with some boobys tattooed on it's back. :laugh:

LOL, I like boobies. I just don't see that tiny kawa running with this 100RX, but if you ran 'em both then I guess I'll keep my 100.:D

We hadem out in the JUNGLE around here cutting bamboo and killing Cobra's, the FS100 save the life of the guy using the Kawi, yup, that Kawi got hung up in some jungle beetles and the FS100 had to cut it out,LOLOLOLOLOL

Latest posts

Back