FS80 - What should my replacement trimmer be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for Tommie and 2K....... my KGT27A will still cut circles around your FS100RXs :p

:cheers:

I take issue with that statement, its on, bring it, :bringit::,LOLOLOLOLOL

Well Joat let me be the first to say you should not have had to wait 30 days, 15 days or 2 days. The problem you described I usually fix on the spot, its a 15 minute job at most. The dealer drug his feet and he let you down and yes he deserves a fire under his butt. You should still call that number and tell the people what the deal was. Dealers like you described need to be put on notice but they won't be unless they are pointed out. They get away with that non-sense because good guys like you hate to turn their sorry butts in. You should do it for the next guy that might stumble in that mans door. You'll feel good knowing you did what was right. There is no excuse for the poor service you've been putting up with from that place so make the call, a 30 day wait for a $3.05 part and a 15 minute job is over the top, totally uncalled for, make that call!!

Now listen up ole Mr Joat. If there are any parts missing you PM me. I'll not only make the call for you I'll make sure you get whatever part you need for free. If Stihl won't supply them I will but I think they will after your ordeal with that dayumm place. If they won't its no sweat, just tell me what you need. Keep me updated,:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Tommie,

You're a class act and a credit to Stihl. I'll make the call in the morning.

Joat

And for Tommie and 2K....... my KGT27A will still cut circles around your FS100RXs :p

:cheers:

That green thing may run well but I find it hard to believe that it can run with a 100RX, sorry just can't see it happin'.:D This 100RX has grown into a grass eating machine on it's 8th tank now, pulls like a tractor, only way it would leave is if the engine explodes. Then I will go back and get another one.

I am not and never will be a “stihl head” but all things considered, the fs110r is hard to beat if you need a decent trimmer and brush cutter. If you need just a decent trimmer the fs100rx is top notch. You can always customize either with a speed feed head or a decent front handle. Give us a shout back to see where you end up. Good Luck!

Well said! I was all set on a 110R because I wanted to use a blade. All it took was to pick up that 100RX and I was sold. Now I know it can't take a blade but for it's light weight and amazing power, I'll get a 250 bike handle if needed but feel I made the best choice for a trimmer.

Fast I like to see that crystal ball your using in which you get all these assumtions as to what they were using before. Now your more experianced than professionals who use their tools to make a living with, wow, you know more than them that are out there everyday. Fast the hole your digging for yourself is getting deeper, you should give up before its over your head,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Speaking of crystal balls, you seem to have one of your own. In total, my trimmer takes care of 13.5 acres of land. You're telling me some college boy working for minimum wage at the local golf club is a professional or the local fire department is putting their trimmer to more use than me and they somehow are professionals, that I should look up to? :laugh:

Degrade me all you want tommy and make me out to be some guy who is only using his trimmer around the sandbox, if it makes you feel better. I don't need the opinion of your so called professionals. I have an opinion of my own and it's based on first hand experience, my hard earned cash (not someone else's) and a lot of sweat. :givebeer:

Speaking of crystal balls, you seem to have one of your own. In total, my trimmer takes care of 13.5 acres of land. You're telling me some college boy working for minimum wage at the local golf club is a professional or the local fire department is putting their trimmer to more use than me and they somehow are professionals, that I should look up to? :laugh:

Degrade me all you want tommy and make me out to be some guy who is only using his trimmer around the sandbox, if it makes you feel better. I don't need the opinion of your so called professionals. I have an opinion of my own and it's based on first hand experience, my hard earned cash (not someone else's) and a lot of sweat. :givebeer:

I wasn't the one degrading anyone , you was, lets see here:

"Apparently your customers never owned a quality trimmer.....Probably had something like those WeedEater, Craftsman or Macs from KMart....."

"I'm saying they probably owned junk before"

"That doesn't make me brighter, maybe just more experienced."

'Not my fault your golf boys and fireman got the shaft.."

So Fast see what happens when you go shooting off, it comes back to haunt ya. I'm not degrading you at all. I merely pointed out to you that you are doing a awful lot of assuming, or in other words using that crystal ball. You don't know any of my customers so to assume all that BS is just that, BS.

Now play nice will ya before I whip out Stihl weed trimmer and come looking for ya,hahaha

I wasn't the one degrading anyone , you was, lets see here:

"Apparently your customers never owned a quality trimmer.....Probably had something like those WeedEater, Craftsman or Macs from KMart....."

"I'm saying they probably owned junk before"

"That doesn't make me brighter, maybe just more experienced."

'Not my fault your golf boys and fireman got the shaft.."

So Fast see what happens when you go shooting off, it comes back to haunt ya. I'm not degrading you at all. I merely pointed out to you that you are doing a awful lot of assuming, or in other words using that crystal ball. You don't know any of my customers so to assume all that BS is just that, BS.

Now play nice will ya before I whip out Stihl weed trimmer and come looking for ya,hahaha

Than I must be degrading myself also, seeing as I said I was guilty of the same. :laugh:

You fellows that make your living selling Stihl sure get your drawers in a bunch, when someone doesn't have the same biased opinion, that what you sell is best.

Than I must be degrading myself also, seeing as I said I was guilty of the same. :laugh:

You fellows that make your living selling Stihl sure get your drawers in a bunch, when someone doesn't have the same biased opinion, that what you sell is best.

Your assuming again Fast, ya gotta stop that. Fact is I don't give a rip what people choose to buy. I don't care what saw you prefer or trimmer or blower or what type of car you drive. Its your money, spend as you wish. I've had customers come in with something they themselves have messed up and start the brand war with me. I hear from time to time I shoulda bought a so and so or next time I'm gonna get a so and so. My reply, why wait, go knock ya self out. I will feel their pain if the product failed them at no fault of their own but I got no mercy when they screw it up themselves.

I will argu about what is what product to product but far as what you use thats up to you. No drawers in a wad here Fast, your givng me your thoughts and I'm giving you mine, its all good,:cheers::cheers:

Welp Joat ole boy lets tellem the rest of the story about your weed trimmer while we're at it. Now did you make that call yesterday, did you call the number I sent you that would had gotton the show on the road about your weed trimmer?? If ya did good, if not I got no mercy cept to say drive safe over to your next power equipment dealer. Ya see Joat when ya been in the biz for while and have learned how folks operate sometimes its best to letem go. Its nothing personal of course, just for the best. I did for ya what I could for ya, if thats not good enuff have a safe trip, you know my motto, I may smell your azz but I'm not gonna kiss it,:cheers::cheers:

Well Joat let me be the first to say you should not have had to wait 30 days, 15 days or 2 days. The problem you described I usually fix on the spot, its a 15 minute job at most. The dealer drug his feet and he let you down and yes he deserves a fire under his butt. You should still call that number and tell the people what the deal was. Dealers like you described need to be put on notice but they won't be unless they are pointed out. They get away with that non-sense because good guys like you hate to turn their sorry butts in. You should do it for the next guy that might stumble in that mans door. You'll feel good knowing you did what was right. There is no excuse for the poor service you've been putting up with from that place so make the call, a 30 day wait for a $3.05 part and a 15 minute job is over the top, totally uncalled for, make that call!!

Now listen up ole Mr Joat. If there are any parts missing you PM me. I'll not only make the call for you I'll make sure you get whatever part you need for free. If Stihl won't supply them I will but I think they will after your ordeal with that dayumm place. If they won't its no sweat, just tell me what you need. Keep me updated,:cheers::cheers:

Tommie,

You're a class act and a credit to Stihl. I'll make the call in the morning.

Joat

Tommie,

I just got off the phone with KB. I relayed my expeiences and concerns. He was familiar witrh the store and said he would inform the appropriate rep. He did point me to other dealers that do a good job. One is a little far, but I may use them. Interestingly enough, he didn't recommend the big dealer in the area that like to deal with "pros", but not the "joes". I mentioned this place, and KB said, "Notice I didn't mention them." So, KB and I are singing out of the same hymnal on this dealer.

Good man Joat. Doing so is looking out for your fellow country man,:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tommie, me and my fellow countrymen owe you a debt of gratitude,

Joat

Tommie,

I just got off the phone with KB. I relayed my expeiences and concerns. He was familiar witrh the store and said he would inform the appropriate rep. He did point me to other dealers that do a good job. One is a little far, but I may use them. Interestingly enough, he didn't recommend the big dealer in the area that like to deal with "pros", but not the "joes". I mentioned this place, and KB said, "Notice I didn't mention them." So, KB and I are singing out of the same hymnal on this dealer.

Tommie, me and my fellow countrymen owe you a debt of gratitude,

Joat

Good job Joat, you did the right thing. I know KB very well and he won't just talk to you on the phone and then hang up and say oh well, thats not him. He will indeed make some calls and hopefully get that place alittle more customer friendly.

Did he tell ya I was orenry as hell Joat,LOL I've called those guys so many times over the years the second they hear my voice they know exactly who's calling. Great bunch of guys to work with, they have never let me down....

Good job Joat, you did the right thing. I know KB very well and he won't just talk to you on the phone and then hang up and say oh well, thats not him. He will indeed make some calls and hopefully get that place alittle more customer friendly.

Did he tell ya I was orenry as hell Joat,LOL I've called those guys so many times over the years the second they hear my voice they know exactly who's calling. Great bunch of guys to work with, they have never let me down....

Tommie,

I did not "drop" your name. I was tempted to hum a little Elvis tune in my best Virginia drawl.

Joat

Tommie,

I did not "drop" your name. I was tempted to hum a little Elvis tune in my best Virginia drawl.

Joat

Hell you could have, KB would have said you know that orenry sucker too,LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously those guys are a good group of people,:cheers::cheers:

Looks like Tommy saved the Stihl soul of our friend Joat...:)

There's a hebrew saying that goes : "If you save one life, you save the world..." :bowdown::bowdown:

Brother Belgian,

Brother Tommie is the King of Stihl. He pulled me from the brink at the ring of fire that protects hades as I was about to plunge into that morbid abyss for a life of eternal damnation, shame and torment.

Thanks Tommie,

father joat

Looks like Tommy saved the Stihl soul of our friend Joat...:)

There's a hebrew saying that goes : "If you save one life, you save the world..." :bowdown::bowdown:

Naaaaaaaa I wouldn't say that, ya might say I merely help Joat cool down abit and he had every right to be upset.

(Belgian get that torch and gas can, we gotta go pay that dealer doing Joat wrong a visit.)

Brother Belgian,

Brother Tommie is the King of Stihl. He pulled me from the brink at the ring of fire that protects hades as I was about to plunge into that morbid abyss for a life of eternal damnation, shame and torment.

Well, brother Joat, some way I'm glad but your little slip on the path to the utter side only did cost me a mere 30% salary raise of of my bestest co-worker, grrrrrrrrr....:monkey:

Well, brother Joat, some way I'm glad but your little slip on the path to the utter side only did cost me a mere 30% salary raise of of my bestest co-worker, grrrrrrrrr....:monkey:

On the OPE path, many will slip,
And on that journey, a few will fall,

We pray for deliverance from evil,
Saved by the hand of Tommie Hall.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, awwwwwwwwwwww good memory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back