Fuel line failure?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Quite often the used Shindaiwa saws I purchase have fuel lines need to have the fuel lines replaced.
Sometime they are just a glob of rubber at the bottom of the tank.
I normally drain the fuel out of my saws and idle them until they die after using them. With many saws to choose from, they don't see a lot of hours. So far, I've never had to change a fuel line after it was changed on the initial purchase.

Just wondering how long a fuel line would normally last in a saw used on a weekly basis with fuel stored in it? Are we talking weeks, months or years?

On my work saws I change fuel and impulse line once a year and inspect carb/intake boot while I am doing it. Failure of those parts may lead to lean condition and mess up perfectly good saw.
When I am rebuilding a saw to flip it, those get changed no matter what they look like. A lots of times fuel line is un recognizably molten, and in several pieces.

Our works saws are used 5 or more for most of the day each week we trade in the saws with most hours on them every 2 years & AFAIR I have only replaced 1 fuel line ( Our gas is E free though ) Gas is not drained just topped up for the next use but it only stands 2 days at the most

My Jonsered 2159 needed the fuel line replaced because it was rubbed through and sprang a tiny leak. That took about 4 years.

Latest posts

Back