Fuel line size thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FATGUY

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok, so it's past 11:00 am and I've done nothing productive to this point. Today is the day I rebuild carbs for 3 pioneers, 2 Poulans and a Mac. All of these saws (except the mac) are older than me and I might as well replace the fuel lines/filters as well. Here's my trouble. All the saws are in my machine shop, 20 minutes north of me. My dealer is 10-15 minutes in the opposite direction. And I'm too lazy to do all the driving. Wouldn't it be great if we had a thread where we could search fuel line size by carb? I tried to find this info on Tillotsons website but couldn't. That doesn't mean it isn't there, that just means I'm too impatient to find it. So, if anyone wants to play, post the carb model in the post title and the fuel line size in the post. If enough people play, maybe it'll be a sticky.:clap:

I saw this thread and got all hopeful because I have a Mac Titan 57 all torn apart on the bench and it is just waiting on new hoses to put together.

At this point I think I'm just going to take a couple of pieces of the line to the store with me and match it to some new Tygon.

The impluse line has a spring inside that I should be able to swap over to the new line.

Mr. HE:cool:

I buy 50ft at a time from NAPA for most saws it works or temporary fix on my important saws, on my Stihl's I get the correct lines.

It's a yellow line and ethanol proof/resistant. I only got a few feet left. About a $1 a foot.

Nick, I thought of you, of all people could measure! LOL There is so many different carbs out there that take slightly different sizes of line , not only does the ID have to be right but the OD is important when it has to pass through various structural parts of the saws frame and through air box bulkheads etc. I keep a 25' roll of most common sizes on hand and that only covers around 25% of the saws out there, throw in the blowers and the trimmers/ strimmers and you need a ton of hose sizes. LOL Tygon line does work well for pickup fuel line if it does not have to seal around where it comes out of the fuel tank, sometimes a grommet can be used but the best bet is the OEM lines designed to be used on these saws.
Pioneerguy600

I keep a 25' roll of most common sizes on hand

I dont keep that much but a good supply..
local stihl/john deer dealer has the tygon..gimme 10 feet of each thank you.
havent found a saw yet one of the sizes wouldnt fit and seal in tank.
used on,pioneer/partner,husky,dolmar,stihl,homelite,ryobie,craftsman,,etc.
sometimes have to be creative :) they do have it in diff wall thickness too.
i like the clear yellow,when you pull on the rope on a newly done saw you can SEE the fuel being pulled up.
ran out today and had to go get some,what a PITA !! xmas shoppers buying JD toys had quite a line.

I dont keep that much but a good supply..
local stihl/john deer dealer has the tygon..gimme 10 feet of each thank you.
havent found a saw yet one of the sizes wouldnt fit and seal in tank.
used on,pioneer/partner,husky,dolmar,stihl,homelite,ryobie,craftsman,,etc.
sometimes have to be creative :) they do have it in diff wall thickness too.
i like the clear yellow,when you pull on the rope on a newly done saw you can SEE the fuel being pulled up.
ran out today and had to go get some,what a PITA !! xmas shoppers buying JD toys had quite a line.

Some of the more common sizes that come in different wall thicknesses and I usually keep around are.
Tygon
3/32 ID - 5/32 OD
3/32 ID- 3/16 OD
1/16 ID- 1/8 OD
1/8 ID- 3/16 OD
1/8 ID - 1/4 OD
1/4 ID - 5/16 OD
1/4 ID- 3/8 OD

Black rubber type fuel line
1/8 ID - 3/16 OD and 1/8 ID - 1/4 OD
1/4 ID - 3/8 OD

If it takes something in between sizes then the smaller diameter can usually be streatched to fit over a slightly bigger diameter fitting.
Pioneerguy600

Ok, so it's past 11:00 am and I've done nothing productive to this point. Today is the day I rebuild carbs for 3 pioneers, 2 Poulans and a Mac. All of these saws (except the mac) are older than me and I might as well replace the fuel lines/filters as well. Here's my trouble. All the saws are in my machine shop, 20 minutes north of me. My dealer is 10-15 minutes in the opposite direction. And I'm too lazy to do all the driving. Wouldn't it be great if we had a thread where we could search fuel line size by carb? I tried to find this info on Tillotsons website but couldn't. That doesn't mean it isn't there, that just means I'm too impatient to find it. So, if anyone wants to play, post the carb model in the post title and the fuel line size in the post. If enough people play, maybe it'll be a sticky.:clap:

Well don't keep us waiting, what did you accomplish?

Nick, I thought of you, of all people could measure! LOL There is so many different carbs out there that take slightly different sizes of line , not only does the ID have to be right but the OD is important when it has to pass through various structural parts of the saws frame and through air box bulkheads etc. I keep a 25' roll of most common sizes on hand and that only covers around 25% of the saws out there, throw in the blowers and the trimmers/ strimmers and you need a ton of hose sizes. LOL Tygon line does work well for pickup fuel line if it does not have to seal around where it comes out of the fuel tank, sometimes a grommet can be used but the best bet is the OEM lines designed to be used on these saws.
Pioneerguy600

SHHHHH! You'll let my secret out!!
It's not the measuring Jerry, it's the being too lazy to drive to my shop, measure, to the dealer and then back to the shop!!

SHHHHH! You'll let my secret out!!
It's not the measuring Jerry, it's the being too lazy to drive to my shop, measure, to the dealer and then back to the shop!!

Noooooooh, not you Nick, you , lazy? Can`t believe that!!
ddDid you find a primer setup for that saw yet? I can send you a few picts of what they look like. LOL.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back