Fuel mix not green/blackish?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using 40:1 TruFuel, and it has a clear appearance, with a hint of a yellow tint.

First time I used it, the absence of color was a bit un-nerving. :eek:

Agreed, I like seeing the green/blue tint of saw gas, if it looked like straight gas I would think that somebody forgot to put the 2-stroke oil in.

The belray I have has a dark amber color to it. I guess it could be orange now that I think about it. I suppose I was comparing it to the blue/black husky oil I've used or the echo premix that is red.

Bel ray doesn't show much when you look into a jug. It does show the rusty brown tint some when pouring.

some truefuel is light green or red klotz R50 has a light red color to it oreilly auto parts caries there brand of 2 cycle and it is black
supertech is light blue

I don't trust to dye for identifying presence of oil in mix. I just dip two fingers into mix, let the gas evaporate, and see how slippery it is- how much oil remains. It helps to have jug(s) that have ONLY mix, never gas without oil. Ever. Totally O-C on that.

I buy 2 stroke mix from all kinds of sources and mix them all together. Just last week I picked up 4 small bottles of various brands. Anyway, I pour them all into my gallon mix oil jug and the mixed gas is usually a shade of green even though the oils are various colors. If someone asks me what brand of mix oil I use, I just say "yes".

I always get the right amount of straight gas in a separate can, then mix it in a very well marked mixed fuel can, never had an issue. The stuff I use is veeery blue so there is no mistaking it.

castrol super 2 stroke. nice blue tint just the way i like it. i do agree with the rule though, sometimes i find it hard to even trust myself when it comes to 2 stroke mix. never had a problem since i was taught to mix in 96 though so i must be doing something right.

red armor smells funny meh i bet people years ago had trouble mixing fuel back 40-50 years ago with reg sae 30 ND it really didn't change the color at all.

Latest posts

Back