Fuel Prices In Your Locale?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update $3.69 and rising every day:cry:

It's funny, we complain about less than $4/gallon when Europeans pay $6.50 - $8/gallon.

Personally, I just try to drive less, and I own a small car (Ford ZX2) that gets 30 mpg average and don't drive a truck unless I need to. It's working for me pretty well. I just got a bike too, once I finish fixing it up and get my permit I'll be riding that and it gets 60+ mpg.

Cheap fuel

Our cheaper fuel, (cheaper than most places anyway), was part of the reason for the American economy and strong currency. So much for that.

Right after that big sucking sound I just heard a hickup from the rest of the world. Was that a burp from China also?

We've trained those consumers well.

with the developing asian community growing at an extortionate rate and the fuel companies fixing prices around the world, funny how it's £1.18 england $1.20 US similar in Aus i dont get that bit things are going to get real tight real soon(but im not an economist or even claim to be governments amaze me they all line thier own pockets and then say you the people have to cutback on luxuries aaaargh)
I had better get on and develop a solar powered chainsaw with 65 hp and 10000 rpm that weighs 5 lbs.:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Prices in East Central Ontario

Regular 87 Octane $1.205/ L @ 3.785 L / USGal thats $4.56/Gal

Premium is normally 7 - 10 cents/L higher

Diesel $1.31/L or $4.96/Gal

I believe the exchange rate is 1 US = 0.995 Can so just about par.

I try to do all my erins during the day when I am in the company truck and they are flipping the gas bill. :greenchainsaw:

That wouldn't work for my company. We have sattelite trackers in every truck, and I patrol the routes just for guy's taking the long way to a job.

Luckily it's not cost effective for the company I work for to do, several thousand trucks and cars in an area the size of Texas. They keep talking about it, but no one wants to flip the bill. :clap:

We are paying $4.58 a U.S gallon for regular in southern Ontario. Funny thing is there is about 3 major Oil companies in our City. If I drive 10min across the border to the U.S, I pay $3.45 a gallon for regular.

At least these prices were effective as of 4pm EST, some stations jumped $.15 overnight last night in MI
Reg gas: $3.55-3.70
Premium: $3.89
Diesel: $4.29

On long trips to cabin up North we usually take the pickup truck which is more comfortable for my injured back,but 18mpg at 65mph. With these fuel prices though I put a hitch on the Malibu for a trailer to haul our gear. It will get better mileage, but I may have to get assistance to get out of the car after 4.5 hrs of driving. We will see how effective this is and whether I will make it through the weekend!

As Dr smith said Oh the pain The pain as gas woes hit in the wallet and the back.

We are paying $4.58 a U.S gallon for regular in southern Ontario. Funny thing is there is about 3 major Oil companies in our City. If I drive 10min across the border to the U.S, I pay $3.45 a gallon for regular.

The oil costs the same everywhere-we are taxed higher here than the US hence the diff, and Europe even more so. Sitting on top of more oil than anywhere in the world 'cept Saudi gas is $1.229 a litre here. BTW my worksite and the upgrader in Scotford near Edmonton made 144,000 barrels of synthetic crude yesterday. This involved processing 304,000 tons of ore.

Personally I think that they are playing head games with us. Heres what I think they are doing- Jack the prices up to about $4 a gallon and leave it there for a few weeks, In three weeks lower it back down to around $3.50-$3.75 and make the consumers believe that they are getting fuel at a good price, and so on and so on.

Luckily it's not cost effective for the company I work for to do, several thousand trucks and cars in an area the size of Texas. They keep talking about it, but no one wants to flip the bill. :clap:

The sattelite trackers are one of the best things I have ever spent money on. Apart from checking on whether guys are going places they shouldn't, they allow me to confirm hours of service on a job when the paperwork is lost. They let me check on the accuracy of the paperwork, and I often find billings that had been overlooked.

When DOT came to write me as many violations as they could find for poor record keeping, they completely dropped that entire aspect of the "review" when I gave them a complete report of where every truck had been in the last year. Saved my ash.

And... they let me find out which insane route my guys are taking to get around town. Not so that I can pick on them, but so that I can reduce expenses and show them the easier way to get around.

Back