fuel trouble now.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimllshiftit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
help, my technologically inept brain cant figure out what does what.

i have a stihl fs76 strimmer which i think is running way too much fuel but i dont know how to turn it down.

on the carb there are two screws, one states H one states L and then on the throttle cable linkage it says LA.

which one do i turn for less fuel and in which direction?

have i made the right diagnosis?

the machine starts no trouble at all with the choke on but then i have to release the choke just a little for 5 seconds then choke full on for a few seconds and then realease it for a few seconds etc etc etc and if im lucky i can catch the throttle to keep the engine running with the choke on and in one position and use it normally but i cannot get the machine to idle at all and the slightest change in choke or throttle can cut it out.

whats wrong?

help, my technologically inept brain cant figure out what does what.

i have a stihl fs76 strimmer which i think is running way too much fuel but i dont know how to turn it down.

on the carb there are two screws, one states H one states L and then on the throttle cable linkage it says LA.

which one do i turn for less fuel and in which direction?

have i made the right diagnosis?

the machine starts no trouble at all with the choke on but then i have to release the choke just a little for 5 seconds then choke full on for a few seconds and then realease it for a few seconds etc etc etc and if im lucky i can catch the throttle to keep the engine running with the choke on and in one position and use it normally but i cannot get the machine to idle at all and the slightest change in choke or throttle can cut it out.

whats wrong?

Jim , before you start tweeking look at the spark arrestor screen in the muffler to see if it is carbon fouled .

Back