Funny saw stories! Lets hear EM!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, one more of my not so good times with a saw. I was clearing an overtaken orchard couple years back and hit somthing in an otherwise innocent tree. what it turn out to be was a steel post grown over in the very center. My 360 pro shredded off half dozen drive links to prove it. I still have the chain around for all's "Viewing pleasure":bang:

I had a guy bring me his chain in to sharpen. He told me that he was tired of getting chips slung up on him while cutting so he put his chain on backwards to throw them out the other way. I ask him if it worked, he said yes but it was much slower cutting and thought his chain need sharpening. I ask if this was his first saw. It was a Wildthing he had bought a Wally World a week before. I thought for sure I would read about him in the paper within a week or two, but I didn't. This guy is an engineer. He's so smart that that it scares me

That was funny as heck! LMAO!!:clap:

palm tree fire

Me an a couple of guys from work took a side job cutting down a palm at our supervisors (bosses) house. We showed up were kinda milling around, he spots a really big rat, said their everywhere and he set out to get this one. It had run down a hole so he dumped a bunch of gas down it and threw a match.Within seconds this rat comes running out on fire and ran up the palm tree, caught the top on fire.Now this is Calif. middle of the summer it's like "don't burn at all"This thing was blazing. Any way to make along story short it was pretty funny listening to him explain what happened to the fire dept, they were to say the least not happy.We never did cut the tree down ,I think he farmed it out to someone else.We still work him hard over it ,he hates it.

Back